Intake Plenum Spacer Advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Intake Plenum Spacer Advice

It's been a while, but I'm finally able to do a little modding again. While deciding a new driveshaft is the next main step in my build, I've stumbled upon the new Intake Plenum Spacer from American Muscle. After trying to find information on these, I have found nothing substantial aside from them being a popular modification for 350z's and G35's, not much help for me.

My question is, are there any drawbacks or potential problems caused by these spacers? I have mixed feelings on throttle body spacers, but the plenum spacer has caught my eye for only $100, and I can knock it out easily when I'm doing my spark plugs later this week.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The only thing I remotely saw for something like this was on another forum where they were attempting to straighten out the way the intake connects to the passenger side with something similar .. Haven't seen dyno gains as of yet.

In regards to this plenum this link claims "12 hp" with there coils (5hp) + plenum (7hp AM website).:

However, honestly I'm not sure I believe any of there gains unless the stock is getting severely heat soaked or something. Personally, I'd avoid it but thats just me.
Slick953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Great video! This will actually work if I get stuck with something doing plugs also, so that's two birds with one stone.

I'm with you on the skepticism of the power gains, just the same as I am with the throttle body spacers. I'd love to see the results on a dyno, because 7 hp and 5 tq seem awfully high for what this does. But if that's the case, I can't pass up such a simple mod for such a low price.
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2016, 06:33 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If you believe anything Granetelli claims I feel bad for you.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colburt195 View Post
Great video! This will actually work if I get stuck with something doing plugs also, so that's two birds with one stone.

I'm with you on the skepticism of the power gains, just the same as I am with the throttle body spacers. I'd love to see the results on a dyno, because 7 hp and 5 tq seem awfully high for what this does. But if that's the case, I can't pass up such a simple mod for such a low price.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You could always send me the $100 dollars and I will also feel good about you wasting your money.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm pretty negative about throttle body spacers adding horsepower. I can see this plenum spacer adding a little horsepower if your tune is changed for it
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang