Eibach sport system lowering kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Eibach sport system lowering kit

I'm posting to find out if anyone else has this kit and can give me an experienced perspective on normal ride quality. I'm in Florida so family smooth roads. No speed bumps so far that are unavoidable.

Item #387367
MPN# 4.12535.680

By description I should be sittin just under 1" after install which is what I'm going for. But I also want a smooth ride for when my wife is with me. If i understand things right it's the initial spring rate and shocks that control normal cruising comfort. Any help will be greatly appreciated fam!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2016, 08:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I forgot to mention the part number applies to American Muscle.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I live in Naples Florida, home of AWESOME roads, and have that exact kit. Keep in mind I have 20's also. It is a better handling set up by far than stock. The ride is rougher though. Stiffer and you feel the road more. As for road conditions I do good most of the time. Must go slow over speed bumps and when I get to Miami sometimes the roads there and inclines going into some parking lots can cause issues. I just went to mustang week so 12 hrs each way. I had 2 girls in the back seats and some luggage in trunk I95 in SC sucked but other than that was fine. There was one driveway I had to avoid entering and go another entrance lol. Go to my garage and you can see some pics of the height.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Sterlingbeast5.0. That is the look I'm going for and your car is nice btw! As far as the rough ride goes is it a headache to go down the road a little ways or as far as an hour down the highway? I do have great smooth roads but I don't want to get tired of it. Do the pros of handling and looks out weigh the cons of comfortable driving?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang3.7 View Post
Thanks Sterlingbeast5.0. That is the look I'm going for and your car is nice btw! As far as the rough ride goes is it a headache to go down the road a little ways or as far as an hour down the highway? I do have great smooth roads but I don't want to get tired of it. Do the pros of handling and looks out weigh the cons of comfortable driving?

I think outweoghs totally. And really not all that bad as i make seem. I did do 12 hrs straight to myrtle beach. I was justriding heavy so the bumped u at start and end of beidges caused near bottom out ( bitdidnt)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have this kit the only negative things I can say is, avoid constant bumpy roads. Bumps here and there are IMO a little better ride to me. The stock suspension made it seem very loose over bumps, I've bottomed out three times in about 3 months I think.

The plus side is it turns so much smoothly now (I have the sway bars, don't know if you're looking at that one) I can take turns much faster, my buddy has a Camaro and he had problems keeping up with me around turns. So there is a idea for you

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:44 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that sounds about right. This one does come with the sway bar. Not a fan of the loose feeling over bumps and unevenly worn roads. One thing what did you do about bottoming out?

Old 08-05-2016, 05:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I got out and made sure everything was okay. You really can't do much.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:25 AM   #9
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I lowered my V6 (1 1/2") with a mix of stuff and while it is harsher and the occasional bump that makes you go "ooof" this was my favorite mod. IDK how often your Love rides with you but if she has her own ride unless you go extreme race car with it her vote gets overruled.

hwy is fine it's the occasional rough condition road or dip that I object to but well worth it.

realize this is like which exhaust sounds best/color is best. it is up to your (wife's) tolerance/opinion
Old 08-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The wife's opinion gets overruled is perfect haha but yeah I've got her on board with it so all is well. Just got her a '15 Sorento so I have a little extra leverage when I need it lol Had a few things come up for right now but this is definitely gonna happen soon and I'm hoping procharger soon follows.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang