Rear end off center - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Rear end off center

Hi guys, here's a weird one - stock suspension in rear (other than new shocks) and my rear end is off center toward the drivers side by about an inch or less. Anybody hear about that or see it? The car has 70k miles on it

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
tombrochard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Mine was off from the factory also, stayed like that until I lowered and added an adjustable pan hard part.
From what I've read in the past we weren't the only ones.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Its been known to happen. Throw an adjustable pan hard bar on and you will be good.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Not unusual in our cars. Most people don't notice it with stock tire width and stock suspension. Those of us that are lowered have installed an adjustable panhard bar to correct it as it can get worse when lowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

That's so weird, I wonder if it came that way or just loosened up over time. In any case I'll end up putting a Pan hard bar in

Old 07-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I don't think it can loosen over time to throw off the rear end.
There is literally no play on the stock bar.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

There is no adjustment on the stock bar and no room for play so I say It came that way.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Old 07-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Wow. Weird. Oh well, I've always wanted to buy an adjustable pan hard bar....ill just add it to the list 😜
Old 07-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Might as well lower it while you are at it 😮

Old 07-30-2016, 05:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
Might as well lower it while you are at it 😮

Nah, I could have done that with all the used stuff I bought but I really don't want to deal with clearance issues on a daily driver. On the other hand, since I'll have the panhard bar it opens up the opportunity I guess

Old 07-30-2016, 07:40 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
They seem to come with a 3/8 to 5/8 bias, some are closer than others. Adjustable phb fixes it right up.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
My off center got 4mm closer to perfect after i lowered it. I'm not going to buy an adjustable pan hard bar.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
My off center got 4mm closer to perfect after i lowered it. I'm not going to buy an adjustable pan hard bar.

Yup. It all depends on which direction it was off center from the factory.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
How are you measuring, the wheel to the quarter panel?
SVOGT302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yep! I think they're all off center. I didn't notice it till we put wider wheels on. Then it stood out like a sore thumb. Adjustable PHB later-all fixed. I swear it handles better too.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, mine was off a good 1/2" to the drivers side too but I still want to check the actual tracking. Probably get it up on a rack after I lower the rear.....
Old 07-31-2016, 02:15 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Your right, from the factory built wrong, unforgivable from FORD! I helped a neighbor near me with his GT 500 trying to kill him, He consulted with me and I advised him to replace the lca's and get an adj. BMR panhard. The lca's were "stamped unit's", on a GT 500??
Old 07-31-2016, 04:58 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOGT302 View Post
How are you measuring, the wheel to the quarter panel?

I take a string around 2 feet long. On one end i tie some washers to hold it straight. I use painters tape to tape the top of the string 6 inches above the wheel on the body after i center the line with the center cap of the wheel. I do this to both sides. Then I measure from the wheel lip to the string.

I can't explain this in a way to make sense. I was going to take a picture the last time i measured but i forgot.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:58 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I put a Steeda adj panhard bar & brace, next will be a UCA, then LCA's & finally rear springs, all Steeda. I'll leave the front alone being on NJ roads.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:02 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I take a string around 2 feet long. On one end i tie some washers to hold it straight. I use painters tape to tape the top of the string 6 inches above the wheel on the body after i center the line with the center cap of the wheel. I do this to both sides. Then I measure from the wheel lip to the string.

I can't explain this in a way to make sense. I was going to take a picture the last time i measured but i forgot.
Thanks...
Pretty much what I did too.... Unreal how they are off.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:36 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordwhite View Post
Yep! I think they're all off center. I didn't notice it till we put wider wheels on. Then it stood out like a sore thumb. Adjustable PHB later-all fixed. I swear it handles better too.
It will handle better, the poly bushings take the deflection the soft oem rubber bushings would allow out of the equation.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
That's the nature of the 3-link solid axle rear end, they're never perfectly centered from the factory. Plus, under compression, the panhard bar will push the axle out more to the left. Then at re-bound, it'll re-center where it was at ride height. It does this too on aftermarket setups unless you have something like the Whiteline Watts Link.
2013 v6, performance pack, mt82 manual, MGW Race Spec shifter, SVE Drifts 19x9.5, H&R Supersport springs, Koni yellows, BMR panhard bar, adjustable UCA and LCA, shorty antenna, GT500 strut mounts, black painted roof, Roush splitters all around, GT hood and fog lights.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang