2014 V6 Sterling Gray - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
2014 V6 Sterling Gray

Like it says I went and looked at a 2014 V6 with the Premeum package,it has 32,468 miles on it and they are asking 14,900 for it,I looked at the hood and you can see some paint starting to bubble up but other then that it's a very clean Pony. I asked about the hood and he said he will look into it under corrosion warranty,it's a couple pin size bubbles. So now my next move is to bring in my 2014 Focus with 68,700 miles on it and it's clean,all highway miles so I'm thinking I'll get around 7500 for it on trade........Is there any thing I need to know about these cars that need to be looked at more,I did take it out for a test drive and it went very good,car was tight and the ride was nice not what I was expecting.
I've bought several cars and pickups from this dealer and they treat me pretty good,up front with me about the cars and trucks.
My question is what should I be concerned with or are the 2014 pretty solid.
ranger56528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Florida
auto or manual?
Old 08-04-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry forgot...Auto...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

two piece driveshaft sucks, but that is about it lol.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2014 v6 w 50k miles on it and plenty of mods no issues. Water pump had to be replaced but it was covered warranty.

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I've read some forums stating that putting a one piece driveshaft in is a plus along with a tune and better exhaust.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger56528 View Post
I've read some forums stating that putting a one piece driveshaft in is a plus along with a tune and better exhaust.
I can vouch for the driveshaft and headers.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Anyway the dealer can tell if it's been tuned or ECU re-flashed since built? Hate to see someone unknowingly buy a used Mustang with a 93 race/street tune then put regular (87 octane) fuel in it & have it self-destruct when you get on it. Warranty won't cover that.
Does it have the original rear end? Believe most V6 autos came with 2.73. Tune would be necessary to correct speedo if it had been changed?

I'm not trying to rain on your possible purchase, but just reading Mustang forums make me really leery of buying a used one.

Hope you have found a good one. I really like my SGM Prem vert.
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:59 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
If your daily driving the mustang, the two piece driveshaft is fine. I have an 2014 auto with the stock two piece driveshaft and fail to see why it's people call it garbage. It hasn't given me any problems in the two years I've owned the car. Maybe if you plan on adding some horse power it could give you some problems when you pass the speed limiter. Normal driving with some spirited driving your going to be fine.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:30 AM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
solid, however the hood will get worse. Either they fix it or get a separate estimate from a different body shop and discount the price that much. If they do promise to fix it:

GET IT IN WRITING!

mods are a plus to make the car your version of better (or can be a financial disadvantage)
Old 08-05-2016, 07:53 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Strange mud is on point. Get everything in writing. You can't trust anyone. Even your own teeth bite your tongue every once in a while.

stang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info,all good stuff, being this will be my 1st newer Mustang I just want to have all ducks in a row,I talk to the salesman today and it was a fleet/company car that they bought at auction and it still has some warranty left,he is going to check on the hood,the bubbles I saw were down on the front edge by the headlight were the hood folds over or seam is.
It looks like I'll be going there tomorrow or Tuesday being the wife drove the Focus to work today and Monday I have a appointment with my cardiologist(heart giving me issues again)so if it doesn't go down tomorrow it will be in my hands Tuesday if it doesn't get sold between now and then.
Having been thru the mod stuff with my 95 and little with the 98 I've learned a lesson or 10 on what to do and not to do,my plan is to drive it for awhile then the only mods I will do is air filter,no CAI just filter then do a resonator back exhaust maybe Borla and then do a tune like a SCT and then go 3.55 gears being I'm staying NA and lastly I will more then likely do a one piece driveshaft time will tell,this should be a good upgrade for the V6 without spending to much and keep it mild but yet give me a bit more grunt but will have to see,maybe a bigger tb might be in order down the road but for now this is my budget for the add ons.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a pic of the Mustang I plan on buying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

How long have they had the car there for? in one of the pictures it looks like snow on the front of the car lol
Old 08-05-2016, 11:46 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If the hood is showing signs of bubbling the only fix is a new hood. Anything else is a bandaid. It will only be covered by Ford while under the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper warranty.

If it were me I'd request a new hood or $1000 off the selling price.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Have you got a Carfax yet to see if it was every in a accident? The Carfax will also show service history and title issues. It will also show how the car was registered, lease, rental, or personal.
2013 RedMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Mine has some bubbling on the front of it, but whateva ol
Old 08-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I'll have to ask about how long it's been there,I was never looking to buy a newer mustang untill a few weeks ago so I'll ask,not a lot of mustangs running around here due to the snow,I'll call and ask and I'll see if he has a car fax,I'll let ya know.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
If the hood is showing signs of bubbling the only fix is a new hood. Anything else is a bandaid. It will only be covered by Ford while under the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper warranty.

I'll do both and see were it goes,I'd rather have them drop the price a grand and worry about the hood down the road,thanks.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2014 V6 Sterling Gray

Quote:
Here is a pic of the Mustang I plan on buying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That doesn't look like a premium though... that looks like a complete base model. My 2013 premium came with better rims, leather seats, my color, and some other features like the little screen between the gauges on the cluster. Does that Mustang have any of that? Because if not then it's not a premium and in your initial post you said you thought it was a premium.

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 93 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 93 Race Tune

IG: chaznungaray

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll have to ask about how long it's been there,I was never looking to buy a newer mustang untill a few weeks ago so I'll ask,not a lot of mustangs running around here due to the snow,I'll call and ask and I'll see if he has a car fax,I'll let ya know.
A Carfax will show when they bought it at Auction.
2013 RedMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post

I'll do both and see were it goes,I'd rather have them drop the price a grand and worry about the hood down the road,thanks.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
That doesn't look like a premium though... that looks like a complete base model. My 2013 premium came with better rims, leather seats, my color, and some other features like the little screen between the gauges on the cluster. Does that Mustang have any of that? Because if not then it's not a premium and in your initial post you said you thought it was a premium.

Bama 93 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

It's listed as a 2014 Mustang Premium price dropped to 14,900 was 15,900 on sales tag and listing,I know the 15 has the small screen on dash but now I need to look into it more,don't think a dealership like Weber would falsely list a car,that would be trouble only ford dealership within 40 miles....
I'll call salesman back and question it,it does come with sat radio witch base does not have.
I'll call him back.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think it might have been a rental. I'm not so sure it is a premium with 17 inch wheels, unless that changed from the 2011-2012's
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:34 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Base and Premium both came with 17" wheels but you could upgrade the premium with more options,the difference between base and premium is small if you don't do the more extreme premium updates,base is 4 speakers premium is 8,premium has oil and volt read out base does not,one has heated mirrors other doesn't,radios are different,auto tint rear view mirror and the list goes on so between a base and a let's say Premium base there isn't much difference unless you really get the premium upgrade that are available for the premium.
Now I had the salesman pull the car fax and I was given wrong info about where it came from,Carfax shows it's a one owner and clean,no accidents and clean record,the car was traded in the end of March from a couple from Duluth Mn on a new car,it WAS owed privately no lease or rental,I checked KKB and the 14,9 with 32k is the going price for a 2014 Mustang Premium.....
Like I mentioned there are a lot of add ons you can do to a premium package that you can't do to a base and a lot are small things that you really wouldn't notice unless you did a side by side comparison.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I would call it a basic premium package verses a real full blown premium package,I imagine the people that bought it got is as it sat on the lot without upgrades to keep price down.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I just called and said that I believe it's a base model not premium being its missing the oil and volt gauge witch are standard on the premium no matter what..........I still like it but now maybe the price will come down or else I just pizzed off my dealership....Will see.......
Old 08-05-2016, 03:17 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Your right,I called them out and there service messed up big time when they told sales it was a premium,the sales guys went by what service told them when they put it on the lot so I think someone is in for a talking.
On the other hand the price might come down and they do have a 2016 Red Premium with 1,900 miles on it with the premium add ons for 19,900,might be a option.....

Thanks for making me really look into this.....
Old 08-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Yep it's a base but with add ons.....Thanks for the info and help.......

Checked KBB on this one for my area and it's still 2k below blue book...............

14,900 for a base with some upgrades and 32,800 miles? Gray with black interior.

OR

2016 V6 with 1,910 miles on it for 19,900 with a lot of extras,kinda like a premium should be.
Red with Black interior...

Decisions Decisions ....
Old 08-05-2016, 05:13 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

If that was my choices for decision it would be that '16. No problems a decent warranty and you know how she's been treated from the jump.

stang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Told you it was a base ☺️ you can tell just by the rims alone. No premium has those alloy rims. Yes premium and base have 17" but those rims are ONLY on the base models. I would not get that base model. It's dull and has no add ons but of course it is all opinion. Some people prefer to not have extra add ons that they might never use.

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
Told you it was a base ☺️ you can tell just by the rims alone. No premium has those alloy rims. Yes premium and base have 17" but those rims are ONLY on the base models. I would not get that base model. It's dull and has no add ons but of course it is all opinion. Some people prefer to not have extra add ons that they might never use.

And this is why I posted it here,I knew you folks with the newer Mustangs would be a big help and ask the right questions,the 2016 is nice but I also like the 14 even tho it's a base after all said and done and one is 305 and one is 300 no biggie,now the question is do I want bells and whistles or will I be content with the base . If I go with the base it would leave me extra for the bolt ons I guess so that's a plus kinda,I'm not a techie and don't use Bluetooth or anything like that and it does have phone connect witch I've used less then 5 times,guess the real only thing I need/use would be is Sirius radio.
See what happens tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:40 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I'll post a pic of the one I get.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:58 PM   #34

Region: Colorado
I have a 2014 base V6 with the tech package (fog lights, synch and power seat) I like it a lot and have had no problems whatsoever. I wish I could have gotten the Pony package, mostly for the 18 inch polished wheels, but I got what I could afford, and its a lot of fun for the money. The one you are looking at is definitely a base, but it looks like a decent price. I'd offer 13.5k. All they can do is say no. The 2015 sounds like a good deal, too. It isn't a premium either, though. They don't offer the premium package with a V6. I also think 7500 sounds a little cheap for your Focus. 2014 Focus are around 13 - 14k around here. I would think at least 10k trade in on a 15k car.
rubic0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:08 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubic0n View Post
I have a 2014 base V6 with the tech package (fog lights, synch and power seat) I like it a lot and have had no problems whatsoever. I wish I could have gotten the Pony package, mostly for the 18 inch polished wheels, but I got what I could afford, and its a lot of fun for the money. The one you are looking at is definitely a base, but it looks like a decent price. I'd offer 13.5k. All they can do is say no. The 2015 sounds like a good deal, too. It isn't a premium either, though. They don't offer the premium package with a V6. I also think 7500 sounds a little cheap for your Focus. 2014 Focus are around 13 - 14k around here. I would think at least 10k trade in on a 15k car.
I think the 14 has the tech package because it does have power seats and fog lights never checked synch but will tomorrow,the other one is a 2016 v6 for 19,900 and I'm not sure about trade in value,it was more of a guess being its a high milage car(68K)but I'll see tomorrow so if they give me over 8 I think I'll go 2016 if not I'm not sure because I do like the 14. I did drive the 14 but really never looked it over to really see what it all has being I was in a hurry so tomorrow I'll spend more time looking both over real good and see what my SE will bring me(it's loaded with the bells and whistles)I did buy it from them and payed cash for it and bought a 2014 jeep at the same time and a few trucks over the years so I hope they do me right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang