Uggg!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2016, 06:15 PM   #36
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Wonderful gift!

That's where I bought my 2014 from. Worked with Eric. I test drove the sterling grey focus ST a few weeks ago so if they still have it, don't buy that one. I ran it pretty hard

Did you like it? I hate torque steer, otherwise I would have purchased one for a daily driver.

Im pretty sure I'm gonna pick up a RS next year as a daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Doyal_McNeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2016, 06:20 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_McNeff View Post
Did you like it? I hate torque steer, otherwise I would have purchased one for a daily driver.

Im pretty sure I'm gonna pick up a RS next year as a daily driver.

The torque steer is what made me keep my Mustang. It was still a fun car to drive though.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:24 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Whatever I get, my cue ball shift knob is going in it!
Have you seen the Focus RS? It's going to be my next car, pictures on the Internet do it no justice.

The gray looks amazing, along with the electric blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #39
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Have you seen the Focus RS? It's going to be my next car, pictures on the Internet do it no justice.

Yeah man. I love the grey. I haven't seen one in person yet through.

Doyal_McNeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post

Yep, one of the pilots who works upstairs has a Grey one with a black/blue stitched leather interior. Was drooling all over it the other day... If I was buying and Ecoboom, it would be one of those, NOT a Mustang.

For the OP... if you are getting new I'd get a base 6. "Base" models are pretty damn loaded these days TBTH... Or get a real nice 11-14 GT. You can get one of those for less than a new V6 if you look around. I'd look on SVTP to find one that is enthusiast owned with all maintenance recorded and check their older posts to make sure they aren't an idiot. Seen a few REAL nice ones go for $25k or less. One was a 600hp Roushcharged Lava Red 2012 fully loaded GT with 24k miles a year ago. Whoever paid $25k for that thing got one hell of a deal.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #41

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Whatever I get, my cue ball shift knob is going in it!

Dave
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:30 PM   #42
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Interesting I had my last insult to injury today (not really but still) from losing my car. Just a couple of weeks before my sixer got hammered, I spent a weekend putting on some BBK shorty headers. Yes, it sucks that bad putting those on. Insurance settled out this week from accident that happened July 8 and I pick up my new ride tomorrow and in the mail today.... BBK rebate check on my headers. smh.

Oh and new ride is a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (That 0% Ford financing is hard to turn away from) with Performance Package and manual tranny. Best of all, gray with back wheels like my 14'.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Interesting I had my last insult to injury today (not really but still) from losing my car. Just a couple of weeks before my sixer got hammered, I spent a weekend putting on some BBK shorty headers. Yes, it sucks that bad putting those on. Insurance settled out this week from accident that happened July 8 and I pick up my new ride tomorrow and in the mail today.... BBK rebate check on my headers. smh.

Oh and new ride is a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (That 0% Ford financing is hard to turn away from) with Performance Package and manual tranny. Best of all, gray with back wheels like my 14'.

Sweet! Did you end up getting it from Sheehy?

Instagram: @v6beast
Old 08-11-2016, 11:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
0%? It's a no brainer, how much did you pay for it?

Glad to hear USAA treated you right.

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:33 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
That little 4 puts out more power than my old, slow 02 GT, but I don't think I could have personally gone with an eco.

Regardless of my engine preference, you have just acquired a very nice Mustang. Congrats on the new project (We all know that a Mustang is a never ending project). I honestly hope you enjoy every moment of being in the car.

Now where are the pics?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:09 AM   #46
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Ended up at Richmond Ford West Die. They had the color/feature combo I wanted. Here's the link. New 2016 Ford Mustang For Sale | Glen Allen VA 1FA6P8TH3G5302262

Have to wait on USAA to transfer funds. So either after work today or tomorrow pending them. After all the commercials and people talking good about them, I was not impressed. Five weeks ago is when car was totaled. We settled out Monday (after threat of civil suit for vehicle damages against their policy holder and they could work it out with him afterwards "because I'm getting nowhere with you and you didn't hit my car, he did.") and here we are Friday morning some 35 days later and still waiting on them. In all fairness as frustrating as they are to deal with to have them pay money out for damages, it was the extreme low end of fair. I'd still rather have my car and I lost out but... eh.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:08 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ended up at Richmond Ford West Die. They had the color/feature combo I wanted. Here's the link. New 2016 Ford Mustang For Sale | Glen Allen VA 1FA6P8TH3G5302262

If you pick it up today, a quick trip to PA sounds like the perfect way to break it in๐Ÿ˜‰

Instagram: @v6beast
Old 08-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Hey congrats on the new ride! You have to post some pics! Just as I'm writing this post my wife texts that the package has arrived!!!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:04 AM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Sorry again to hear about the death of the 3.7.

I wouldn't see this as a complete loss though to be honest.

Here is what I see you are getting....

4 piston front brake setup iirc on the eco pp
3.55 gears - so you lose nothing here
19" wheels all around with new tires. Wheels are pretty cool. I wouldn't swap them out.
A very much upgraded interior vs. your 2014 (I am sure you got excited)
and of course...more torque stock!

I would just stick with light power mods. Don't go overboard.

I am sure you will have more fun with this then you did with your 2014.

I am more of a fan of the IRS then I was the solid axle. The car feels more planted from all 4 corners of the car.

Plus with the new features of the S550, I am sure you will be pleased. The keyfob is a nice touch. So is push start. And also know there is a "secret" button above the license plate on the back so you can open your trunk from the outside

Backup camera being standard is pretty cool also. So you lost nothing with your raxiom gps unit and such.

I am not crazy familiar with the ecoboost but I am sure you will find out more cool stuff with the S550.

I know it was painful to install all of that on the 2014 only for it to be RIPARONI'd. But, take it as a great learning experience. That is what I did. I now know a lot about just basic maintenance and installing stuff now because of my 2014.

If I got an ecoboost, I would probably swap the hood for a GT hood.

My starting mods were...

Oil catch can
Hood struts
And clutch spring - http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mu...-all-555-7022/

In stock form, the clutch pedal felt inconsistent. Once I swapped it out, it made the S550 much easier to deal with.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:03 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

You'll be happy with your new Mustang. The interior is light years better than the 10-14's. 0 % interest is just as good as paying cash
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Looking forward to reading all about the new one. Been thinking about moving from my 14 V6 vert to a 16-17 eco, I'd like pp, but not available in a vert.
Enjoy the new one.

New intercooler 1st mod??
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang