Temperature Reading - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Temperature Reading

So yesterday I got my Raxiom non sync navigation unit. I did the install and followed all instructions but my raxiom seems to be showing a temperature of 80 degrees (it's 100+ out) I took it out and realized my OEM display is also showing 80 degrees. What can be causing this? Worked fine until I installed my Raxiom.
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2016, 01:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's a Raxiom product, that's the answer lol but honestly that's weird. Mine works fine.

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 93 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 93 Race Tune

IG: chaznungaray

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I wonder if my temperature sensor just failed at the same time as install. As I said when I looked at my OEM screen wrapped in foam it was reading 80 degrees as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Turned the car on this morning and it was reading the correct temp. Very weird. My miles left till empty was acting weird though, which is extra strange considering I never unhooked the battery. After filling it up full it displays 290 till E and when I filled it up this morning was showing 360 till E. Guess I'll let it sit and see if it corrects itself.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:16 AM   #5
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
check your battery terminals....wild guess
Old 08-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
Turned the car on this morning and it was reading the correct temp. Very weird. My miles left till empty was acting weird though, which is extra strange considering I never unhooked the battery. After filling it up full it displays 290 till E and when I filled it up this morning was showing 360 till E. Guess I'll let it sit and see if it corrects itself.

Strange things happen to our Mustangs when the battery is getting ready to go bad
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post

Yeah but what were your average MPG at the time of each fill?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Usually 18 MPG. Before I put in the raxiom it was showing 18 on the gauges after it was showing 9. I'm wondering what happened when I put the raxiom in that sent everything out of whack. Everything seems back to "normal" now but I'm watching closely

Old 08-15-2016, 09:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
When I installed mine it was weird too, its from disconnecting the battery, after about 350 miles it straightened itself out.
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang