Metra 99-5826CH Problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Colorado
Metra 99-5826CH Problems

So I bought and installed the Ford Mustang 2010-Up DIN/DDIN Dash Installation Kit for my 2012 base model Mustang Convertible. at first the radio would not fire up but the Climate control did. Took it to Car Toys and they figured out the problem and the radio/backup camera etc. works. But now the climate control does not even light up. I did not contract with them to do anything with the climate control so they did not plug it in.
With the key on, engine running, the only thing that happens is the fan blows High and the heat is on full and coming out of the defroster vents only.
I have pulled the fuse for the climate control thinking that like some things it would reset. No luck. Put fuse back in and same thing happens.
Called Metra and they said I had to put the original system back in and see if it would work which would reset things and their aftermarket would then work again.
Nope! The original did not even power up. Did get a static sound from speakers but no display or anything else.
Put aftermarket (Jensen) system back in and the radio, camera etc all work but still no life in the climate control.
Went to Ford dealer and chatted with them but all I really got was a deer in the headlights look from him and no help. Said since they don't have wiring diagram for aftermarket they would not know what to do.
I did plug in my OBD reader and there are no error codes being thrown.
So right now the fuse remains pulled so I'm not roasting myself but winter is approaching and I'd like to have the climate controls working for that!

Any Ideas?
2012 Race Red Convertible V6
A work in progress.
New bits added as I can!
ajkillgore is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang