Exhaust Setup Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
Region: Wisconsin
Exhaust Setup Question

So I have Pype Pypes Bomb axle backs currently, and was wondering how I can get the rest of a cat back setup with the axle backs I have now. They have been on my car for about 3 months now and I just want to finish the exhaust off. So would a local exhaust shop be able to order parts for a cat back system to match with my current axle backs and install it? I would go to the shop and ask, but I just want some input so I have a better idea of what i'm talking about when I go there. I'm a bit confused on how I would get a complete cat back without purchasing a whole set with new axle backs and having to trash mine. Would I have to order the rest of the piping or would a exhaust shop be able to make the rest of the piping without having a crappy sound?

TheSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
Region: Wisconsin
I was thinking about getting a Stock Length X-Pipe, but I have no idea if it would be too much with axle backs that I currently have since they are pretty loud alone.

TheSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
One of the most difficult things to do on these cars is a nice sounding exhaust system.

Most people are going to argue that the only way to achieve a decent sound is with Borla S Types and BBK shortys.

And thats it....nothing else.

But I didnt listen to that....I didnt want to be like everyone else....I've spent either over a grand in exhaust parts or really close to it and yet the sound is still not exactly what I wanted but its getting there.

Current setup - Stock headers (for now - looking into BBK shortys), Lethal Performance H-Pipe with GT Resonators, Jones Exhaust 18" glasspacks on the Over the Axle pipes and Trident Motorsports for the axle backs.

I've had MAC axle backs, Stock GT Axle Backs, Stock V6 Axle Backs, Black Pype Bombs AB, Complete Muffler dump.......pretty much as you can tell its been a long journey trying to get this car to sound "decent". Still not quite there but hopefully I can.

To answer your question though.

Any good muffler shop will have piping to build a custom exhaust for you. Right then and there. Little costly but probably still cheaper than buying all bolt on parts.

You can order the parts you want and just bring it with you most shops will still do the job but they may charge a little more for labor since youre not buying their parts.
See my Baby Here

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang