Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Poor 2011 Pony

3K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  wmschoonover 
#1 · (Edited)
My poor baby was wrecked last Wednesday on my way home from work, was turning down a road when someone t-boned me. Luckily no major damage to me or the other driver, a lot of cuts to my face, bottom half of my right ear had to be stitched back on, and some achy joints. Still awaiting to hear back from my insurance agent but I'm 99% sure it totaled. So probably in the next week to come will be the great partening post.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Glad your OK. Talk to a Lawyer :)

#9 ·
If the other driver is at fault you need to see an attorney ASAP. That car is no doubt a total loss. Having part of your ear ripped off would qualify as a major injury.

#11 ·
Well insurance usually doesn't take account for the countless mods you've done and spent hard earned money and valuable time. They just look at it for what kbb says and there isn't an option that says "CAI, brembo brakes, and $400 tune setup"

2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

#12 ·
It was totaled out, just waiting for the guy handling my claim to say if I can or cannot swap out my aftermarkets with the stock... He said he's never had this request and has to ask someone... I'm sure I'm not the first guy with Statefarm to want to do this...

#14 ·
That sucks. Maybe ask him to show you how they valued the car. They don't value mustangs with aftermarket parts more. There's a reason people say you never get out what you put in. I would fight it

AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

#16 ·
After an hour on hold a got a new customer service representative and he agreed to let me take whatever I want off long as I swap the stock parts so yay there, damnit tho for not having the stock mufflers and driveshaft, gotta figure away to get them off... That's alot of money, luckily I got my factory intake, throttle body, some other things.

#25 ·
Yeah man I knew I wanted a mustang since I was like 6 so that made it a little easier. But back then I wanted a '69 fastback lol. I went and looked at like 3 different mustangs before getting the one I have now. All 3 were bone stock rentals and eager little me wanted it every time rather than waiting patiently. Finally I found the one I have for 18,000 and it is MCA and came with AIRAID CAI, Ford Racing ABs, 4.10 gears and a tune. Wouldn't trade it for the world!

AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

#26 · (Edited)
just a reminder to people in accidents. If you know (or want it to be) it's a total loss to have it towed to your house. You can do what you want to it then. OP, if you want you can still probably do this. Until they cut you a check for the car (and you accept it) the car is yours.

Non-attorney Spokesperson.

#27 ·
just a reminder to people in accidents. I you know (or want it to be) it's a total loss to have it towed to your house. You can do what you want to it then. OP, if you want you can still probably do this. Until they cut you a check for the car (and you accept it) the car is yours.

Non-attorney Spokesperson.

Sweet. That's good info. Appreciate it

AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

#29 ·
If the other driver is completely at fault, here's two dumb questions........does your ear hurt? Are you sore anywhere else?
It is NOT gold digging to go after the other driver's insurance (hopefully they had some!!) for your pain and suffering. If they did not have insurance, you can still go after the driver themself. This is something that you are more than entitled to for every sore turn of your head, for every sore step up and down stairs, for every sleepless night when you can't get comfortable. You would not be feeling like this but for their actions.
Start keeping a daily log of your symptoms...dates, times and where and how you hurt -- in detail.
You will have your new 5.0 a lot sooner if you get what you are richly entitled to here.

#30 ·
I was turning left down a side road and an SUV was trying to be come to my side of the road from said side road and he was blocking my view of oncoming traffic, the light a block down the road was red and I couldn't see anyone coming so I inched forward and blam they got me, I got cited for failing to yield, Florida is a no fault state but I'm sure the other driver is going to go after my insurance.

Side note I was able to find stock replacements for almost everything I want to take out, yay, Monday i get to spend my last moments with her and Monday night I'll start posting the parts.

#31 ·
I would do what ever it takes to 'not' make your insurance people mad at you. State Farm is pretty good about claims. I switched from them to someone else because every time a hurricane hits anywhere in the U.S. my rates would go up in Tennessee :(

#32 ·
Oh I know Statefarm is good, I've been with them 15years, didn't argue the quote they gave me for the total loss, my total lost claims guy was just a total *** hat about the taking parts off, when I asked for a new person, the new guy was totally okay with it and was unsure why the other rep was being the way he was.

#33 ·
*Update*

So I finally got to see her at the salvage yard to take parts off, they bring her to me on a fork truck and just plop her down like raw material... I got cai, tb, tower brace, catch can and a few little things off her, I had no access to the underside and honestly was terrified to look under it so I didn't even try taking off the headers, xpipe, driveshaft, or mufflers.

After all said and done I called Statefarm to tell them what I could and couldn't get off, I got the best rep ever this time, he seemed to really care, was bummed I couldn't get the exhaust and DS off so he actually updated the total loss claim to add more value to her and got me a bigger check back to off set my loss. I was so grateful for this guy.

I posted all the aftermarket stuff I could get off or already had off here in this thread: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f233/t378475/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.