Taking car back to stock - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Taking car back to stock

Currently I am running a Bama tune for a Steeda CAI. I unfortunately have to get a truck for work so I am trading the car in tomorrow. I took of the CAI and put the stock tune back on. However I am also running 3.73's. I thought I would be able to put the canned tune on it and change the gear but it never gave me that option. The question I have can I run the CAI tune,so I can change the gears, or will it run like crap because it's set for the bigger MAF.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2016, 09:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
See if BAMA will retune for you

2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have the free tunes for life but this happened pretty fast and I'm trading it in tomorrow. Just didn't want the speedometer off when they drive it to appraise it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberblue12 View Post
I have the free tunes for life but this happened pretty fast and I'm trading it in tomorrow. Just didn't want the speedometer off when they drive it to appraise it.

Oh dang that is fast. Hopefully they won't notice

AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
Old 09-09-2016, 10:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Taking car back to stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberblue12 View Post

When k bought my car, they put the stock intake back on it and left the existing tune and it had 4.10s and my MAF hasn't given me troubles

AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
Old 09-09-2016, 10:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Taking car back to stock

Speedometer will be off quite a bit. When I had my 2.73 changed to 3.55, I forgot to bring my tuner to adjust the speedometer before driving home. I used the speed on my Kenwood unit and it was off by about 20mph at 55 (shows about 75)

Yours will probably be off about 10 since you probably had 3.31 originally at a difference of 0.42 and mine were a difference of 0.82

wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorMCA View Post
When k bought my car, they put the stock intake back on it and left the existing tune and it had 4.10s and my MAF hasn't given me troubles

AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
Yeah but did they have a Steeda CAI or another brand? The Steeda CAI has a larger diameter at the MAF sensor, which requires an offset or the MAF reading is going to be totally off. Most other brands have the same diameter at the MAF as the stock intake.

OP, yes your MAF reading is going to be totally off if you are tuned for Steeda and it will run like crap. I know not just because it makes sense when think about it, but one time I tried it for a little bit just out of curiosity to see what happens, and it ran like crap, so I immediately ended that experiment.

I think you might be able to change the gear ratio with the stock tune through your SCT X4. Did you hunt through the menu options for it?
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the help everyone. Car is gone now. I did install the tune and it ran fine

Old 09-10-2016, 02:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the help everyone. Car is gone now. I did install the tune and it ran fine

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang