New Stang buying choice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2016, 08:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BurntToAshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 94107
Region: California
Posts: 28
Question New Stang buying choice

Hi guys, I've always been dreaming about owning a mustang and it's finally happening now. But I'm not really sure which one I should choose.
Currently on my list is a silver 16k total mileage 2014 stick shift with premium package, navi and everything; the other one is a 2014 black automatic with about 45k on it. Both of them are at 18k (My budget is 20k top so v8s are purely impossible).
I want to devote into the car more but also afraid of messing up in the stick shift since the only stick shift car I've ever driven is a 1.8 VW Santana...plus I live in SF area so it could be a bit pain to park it sometimes. But this one is just so close to almost brand new, so it's kinda critical for a college student like me because I'll probably keep driving it for a loooong time (up to 7 yrs if I decide to do grad school).
On the other hand, the automatic one, I've read about plenty of complaints online about 14's auto transmission and noticed that their throttles got a serious response lag. Can a Bama tuner solve that problem?
I tested drive both of them and still can't decide. Plus my plan is dropping about 1.5k to 2k on mods, would you guys give me some advice? So I can add/drop some of them to make them fits my budget
I've got a set up here(for the manual one) :

Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket - MT-82
K&N Series 69 Typhoon CAI & BAMA X4 Tuner (Or a tuner and drop-in filter instead)
BBK 73mm Throttle Body
SR Performance Black Strut Tower Brace
Clutch Pedal Extension (I seriously need it because for a 5'8" dude, I feel like the clutch is just so damn deep)
Pypes Pype-Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust or a MBRP catback (I kinda want the Magnaflow but they seems to be a bit too pricey for me)
Raxiom Tail Light Sequencer (stupid but I think it just adds up a little detail)

All in all, the glorious mustang fans out there, I could really use some advice here.
BurntToAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
New Stang buying choice

Look online at 2011 5.0s, I have several in my area at the 20-22 mark with 50-70k miles on them.

The auto tranny is rock solid, just get a decent tune. Lund, VMP, MPT come to mind.

I'm your same height and thought the clutch was to deep as well when I first got the car. I made the seat a little more upright than I had in my sixxer and it feels great.

Now clutch feel on the other hand is another story.
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
TrevorMCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Spring
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Look online at 2011 5.0s, I have several in my area at the 20-22 mark with 50-70k miles on them.

The auto tranny is rock solid, just get a decent tune. Lund, VMP, MPT come to mind.

I'm your same height and thought the clutch was to deep as well when I first got the car. I made the seat a little more upright than I had in my sixxer and it feels great.

Now clutch feel on the other hand is another story.

He's right, try to get you a 5.0. They will still last you through college if you take care of it. I love my sixxer but some days I just really wish I had a 5.0 lol. But if you can't, I would go manual. They are a lot more fun if you don't mind driving a manual. But all in all, you've got good setup and are pretty set with either decision. Welcome to MEVO!


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-13-2016, 12:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BurntToAshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 94107
Region: California
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorMCA View Post
He's right, try to get you a 5.0. They will still last you through college if you take care of it. I love my sixxer but some days I just really wish I had a 5.0 lol. But if you can't, I would go manual. They are a lot more fun if you don't mind driving a manual. But all in all, you've got good setup and are pretty set with either decision. Welcome to MEVO!


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

Thanks! Although a brand new GT will definitely be on my realistic dream car list, I feel like I might still prefer a sixxer just for the sake of safety and fuel+insurance cost. A college kid in a GT probably just gonna ring the alarm in the insurance rep's head like a Christmas tree.
And I do tend to walk on the safe side...judging by the fact that it's the first car I've ever driven with 300+hp, I just don't wanna showing off in a GT and end up on either YouTube or whatever, lol.

Oh and do you have any advice on the mods? Considering it's a college dude's limited budget built list, I kinda want to cut down the cost while optimize the performance and perhaps make the pony still last long. Really appreciate it.



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BurntToAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Catonsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 651
If the miles were similar I'd get the auto. It's just the better transmission but for the same money I'd have a hard time buying a car with an extra 30k miles. Get the loaded mt82 car. Don't buy any shifter other than an mgw, they are just that much better. You can usually get a good deal on a used one over on svtperformance.

Skip the k&n cai and the throttle body. Grab an mpt tune and 3.55 or 3.73 gears.
__________________
2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
David Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 921
The 2011+ 6 speed automatics are strong. I've never read or heard of one breaking. A tune and rear end gears are the best bang for the buck, in my opinion
__________________
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
wmschoonover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Owensboro
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 562
Manuals are fun to drive, but all those hills might be the reason that one has so few miles on it lol.

If you do get it, it has hill assist to help on parking on hills and parking on a hill isn't really an issue, as you can put it in reverse with parking break on.

Premium should come with the 3.31 gears so that should be a good set especially for a daily driver (I switched mine to 3.55 from my base 2.73)

The premium will knock out several cosmetic upgrades and stereo.

Just make sure you are comfortable with the manual before getting stuck with it.

That being said... If you can get an 5.0 great.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:27 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,293
New Stang buying choice

Manual +1
Ditch the CAI and throttle body then use that to get your Magnaflow exhaust. Or get gears.
In the Auto world you get what you pay for. You want good quality you have to pay for it. You want wallet friendly parts don't expect it to be as good.

Pick your poison.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntToAshes View Post
Thanks! Although a brand new GT will definitely be on my realistic dream car list, I feel like I might still prefer a sixxer just for the sake of safety and fuel+insurance cost. A college kid in a GT probably just gonna ring the alarm in the insurance rep's head like a Christmas tree.
And I do tend to walk on the safe side...judging by the fact that it's the first car I've ever driven with 300+hp, I just don't wanna showing off in a GT and end up on either YouTube or whatever, lol.

Oh and do you have any advice on the mods? Considering it's a college dude's limited budget built list, I kinda want to cut down the cost while optimize the performance and perhaps make the pony still last long. Really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Safety? I drove a lot faster in the sixxer than I do now, mainly to feel some of the torque. If you're not a turd, you'll be fine as far as power goes. Fuel costs are about $10 more per fill up, as I used to mainly use 87 except for drag weekends. Mileage is very similar.

For performance mods, just get a tune and gears. If you can get on your parents insurance, go for it. Mine went up from $220 to $275 on my own policy.
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Newington
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntToAshes View Post
Hi guys, I've always been dreaming about owning a mustang and it's finally happening now. But I'm not really sure which one I should choose.
Currently on my list is a silver 16k total mileage 2014 stick shift with premium package, navi and everything; the other one is a 2014 black automatic with about 45k on it. Both of them are at 18k (My budget is 20k top so v8s are purely impossible).
I want to devote into the car more but also afraid of messing up in the stick shift since the only stick shift car I've ever driven is a 1.8 VW Santana...plus I live in SF area so it could be a bit pain to park it sometimes. But this one is just so close to almost brand new, so it's kinda critical for a college student like me because I'll probably keep driving it for a loooong time (up to 7 yrs if I decide to do grad school).
On the other hand, the automatic one, I've read about plenty of complaints online about 14's auto transmission and noticed that their throttles got a serious response lag. Can a Bama tuner solve that problem?
I tested drive both of them and still can't decide. Plus my plan is dropping about 1.5k to 2k on mods, would you guys give me some advice? So I can add/drop some of them to make them fits my budget
I've got a set up here(for the manual one) :

Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket - MT-82
K&N Series 69 Typhoon CAI & BAMA X4 Tuner (Or a tuner and drop-in filter instead)
BBK 73mm Throttle Body
SR Performance Black Strut Tower Brace
Clutch Pedal Extension (I seriously need it because for a 5'8" dude, I feel like the clutch is just so damn deep)
Pypes Pype-Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust or a MBRP catback (I kinda want the Magnaflow but they seems to be a bit too pricey for me)
Raxiom Tail Light Sequencer (stupid but I think it just adds up a little detail)

All in all, the glorious mustang fans out there, I could really use some advice here.
Go with the manual. It is probably still under warranty and driving a 6spd is just more fun. If you are doing all those mods, don't forget a Alum drive shaft.
2013 RedMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:13 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
TrevorMCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Spring
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntToAshes View Post
Thanks! Although a brand new GT will definitely be on my realistic dream car list, I feel like I might still prefer a sixxer just for the sake of safety and fuel+insurance cost. A college kid in a GT probably just gonna ring the alarm in the insurance rep's head like a Christmas tree.
And I do tend to walk on the safe side...judging by the fact that it's the first car I've ever driven with 300+hp, I just don't wanna showing off in a GT and end up on either YouTube or whatever, lol.

Oh and do you have any advice on the mods? Considering it's a college dude's limited budget built list, I kinda want to cut down the cost while optimize the performance and perhaps make the pony still last long. Really appreciate it.



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Haha I'm in college too man so I definitely know what you mean regarding funds. Like the other guys said, ditch the throttle body. If you want, the CAI is good for looks and sound but not much more. Ford really hit the nail on the head with the stock intake. I would go for some rear end gears and a tune. That'll get you a lot of performance and it'll blow your mind what the difference is between stock and tuned. Then for sure get an aluminum driveshaft. Idk if you've heard but the stock two piece driveshaft will probably fail at 135 so if you plan on going fast, that's a must have. Let me know if you have any more questions! Good luck!


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular
 
olerodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Corvallis
Region: Oregon
Posts: 2,647
Everyone has give great advice and really it comes down to you. My 14 TrakPak was great to drive around town, with the 3.73's and 6spd it was perfect although in heavy traffic like you have down there I had my doubts when I was stuck in bumper to bumper on the 680, 880, or 87.
I would call my insurance company and really find out what your premiums would be on a 6 and V8...although I'm sure the 6 would fun to drive along Highway 1 in Big Sur...the GT is just that much more fun to drive...IMHO

Here is what looks like a 2011 CS/GT for $21,500...even if your max budget is $20k....you may get them down to that number...you never know unless you ask and the worst thing they can say is no.

Cars for Sale: Used 2011 Ford Mustang in GT Premium, Travis Afb CA: 94535 Details - Coupe - Autotrader

Cars for Sale: Used 2014 Ford Mustang in Coupe, Livermore CA: 94551 Details - Coupe - Autotrader

Cars for Sale: Used 2014 Ford Mustang in , San Francisco CA: 94107 Details - Coupe - Autotrader

Cars for Sale: Used 2012 Ford Mustang in Coupe, PLEASANTON CA: 94588 Details - Coupe - Autotrader
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:15 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
olerodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Corvallis
Region: Oregon
Posts: 2,647
Here is another one and although you need to check on insurance between the V6 and V8 you should make this buying experience a fun one and just because the car is listed at $22.5 after taking a test drive offer them $20k...you've got nothing to loose and everything to gain...IMHO

Cars for Sale: Used 2012 Ford Mustang in GT Coupe, Concord CA: 94520 Details - Coupe - Autotrader
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
BurntToAshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 94107
Region: California
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorMCA View Post
Haha I'm in college too man so I definitely know what you mean regarding funds. Like the other guys said, ditch the throttle body. If you want, the CAI is good for looks and sound but not much more. Ford really hit the nail on the head with the stock intake. I would go for some rear end gears and a tune. That'll get you a lot of performance and it'll blow your mind what the difference is between stock and tuned. Then for sure get an aluminum driveshaft. Idk if you've heard but the stock two piece driveshaft will probably fail at 135 so if you plan on going fast, that's a must have. Let me know if you have any more questions! Good luck!


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

Great news guys
I just decided I'll go for the stick shift. Wish me luck haha
Yes I did the research and found out about the driveshaft failure. But I guess I would probably never go that fast for a while (especially in a stick). Plus ford has a electronic speed limit on it, or does the tune removes it?
On the other hand, I noticed many of you said forget about the throttle body, why's that?
As for tunes, what's the difference between Bama, MPT, and VMP?
And also, will 3.73 a good gear ratio for a street car? I'm not sure which one does the manual (3.31 I suppose) has but it has premium package, navi, shakers audio and that sync system(although many says it's junk). I'll take the car down for a pre-purchase inspection before paying for it, guess I'll find out by then.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BurntToAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
BurntToAshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 94107
Region: California
Posts: 28
New Stang buying choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Here is another one and although you need to check on insurance between the V6 and V8 you should make this buying experience a fun one and just because the car is listed at $22.5 after taking a test drive offer them $20k...you've got nothing to loose and everything to gain...IMHO



Cars for Sale: Used 2012 Ford Mustang in GT Coupe, Concord CA: 94520 Details - Coupe - Autotrader

Whoa that's a lot of resources man, although one thing I'm aiming for the 13-14 is that I just prefer their taillight style a lot more that those on 11-12s...I did tested two v8s and I do admit that they're much more of a beast, but..honestly I wanna to have a future goal to aim on after I graduated.
Anyway thanks a lot though

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BurntToAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Newington
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntToAshes View Post
Great news guys
I just decided I'll go for the stick shift. Wish me luck haha
Yes I did the research and found out about the driveshaft failure. But I guess I would probably never go that fast for a while (especially in a stick). Plus ford has a electronic speed limit on it, or does the tune removes it?
On the other hand, I noticed many of you said forget about the throttle body, why's that?
As for tunes, what's the difference between Bama, MPT, and VMP?
And also, will 3.73 a good gear ratio for a street car? I'm not sure which one does the manual (3.31 I suppose) has but it has premium package, navi, shakers audio and that sync system(although many says it's junk). I'll take the car down for a pre-purchase inspection before paying for it, guess I'll find out by then.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
3.31 gears are plenty with a 6 speed, unless you plan to take it to the track or run hard on the street. You don't sound like that type of person. A tune can remove the limiter if you want it to. I have a Bama 93 Octane Race tune from American Muscle. Be honest I have no other experience with any others to which one is the best. Maybe someone else has some comparison data. Good luck with your purchase. Get a Carfax also.
2013 RedMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
TrevorMCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Spring
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
A lot of the guys on here that have experienced other tunes will tell you MPT. But that doesn't meant the others aren't good. That doesn't mean BAMA isn't good. They have the tunes for life so if you continue modding your car, BAMA is the way to go. Saves you alot of money


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,293
Going VMP on my 3Vs.


Pick your poison.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
wmschoonover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Owensboro
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 562
I opted to Bama since I can keep modding it and request a new tune stage by stage and never pay again unless I swap cars or tuner.

While other praise Lund, VMP etc, I didn't want to pay each time.

Now when I'm finally finished with my entire build, I may change my mind, but I had a discount and an account credit so I paid under $120 for lifetime tunes for now.

I've already gotten the initial 2 tunes and another order for 3 more tunes and had those adjusted. I will probably be data logging soon and redo whichever tune I'm using. This option had already paid for itself.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
I haven't had to pay for Lund revisions, they don't charge unless it's more than bolt on parts, which anyone will charge you again anyways.
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
wmschoonover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Owensboro
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
I haven't had to pay for Lund revisions, they don't charge unless it's more than bolt on parts, which anyone will charge you again anyways.

That's good to know for later.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
BurntToAshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 94107
Region: California
Posts: 28
alright then, I guess I'll go for a Bama


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BurntToAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hellish Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 784
I think you made the right choice with the Silver Stick. Once you get use to the stick it's hard to go back to an Auto. I had Stick Mustangs for the past 10 years & loved them. Traded in my 08 for a 14 & let the Dealer talk me into an Auto that has the Paddle Shifter too. "Best of Both Worlds" he claimed. LOL !!! Should have gotten a stick. Miss the fun I had shifting something terrible.
The other thing is...Be glad you didn't buy a Black car....unless you want to wash it 2 - 3 times a week to keep it looking good. I'll never buy Black again.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
wmschoonover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Owensboro
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 562
Yeah silver cars are one of the best for not showing dirt. My blue one looks dirty easily.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
TrevorMCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Spring
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschoonover View Post
Yeah silver cars are one of the best for not showing dirt. My blue one looks dirty easily.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

What blue is it? Mine is the 2012 Kona blue. It looks beautiful until you look up close but from a distance it always looks shiny and new and with a hint of purple in the sunlight.


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
wmschoonover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Owensboro
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 562
New Stang buying choice

Deep Impact Blue. Little darker than the Kona Blue
Mine also looks better from a distance when it's dirty though.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
BurntToAshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 94107
Region: California
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschoonover View Post
Yeah silver cars are one of the best for not showing dirt. My blue one looks dirty easily.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Honestly, regardless of manual and automatic and whatever package, my vote on color would goes to deep impact blue or Oxford white.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BurntToAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:16 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
wmschoonover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Owensboro
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntToAshes View Post
Honestly, regardless of manual and automatic and whatever package, my vote on color would goes to deep impact blue or Oxford white.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Like this lol?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1473815788.124628.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	205054


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
BurntToAshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 94107
Region: California
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschoonover View Post
Like this lol?

Attachment 205054


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

ABSOLUTELY


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BurntToAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:21 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
TrevorMCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Spring
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
The deep impact blue is a bit deeper than the Kona blue. Honestly idk which I like better but because mine is Kona, I obviously like it better 😜Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1473819638.404195.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	205055


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:22 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
TrevorMCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Spring
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschoonover View Post
Like this lol?

Attachment 205054


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Get a spoiler and some quarter window louvers and that would really bring it all together. Looks good


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:26 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,923
Get the automatic and stick with a V6, as long as you live in California. With the smog requirements in California and being the Law Abiding citizen you are, you still can add some mods and have a spicy little car. Your insurance will rob you in San Fran. V6 will be cheaper, especially for your age group.

Good Luck whichever you choose.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:13 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
wmschoonover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Owensboro
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 562
New Stang buying choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorMCA View Post
Get a spoiler and some quarter window louvers and that would really bring it all together. Looks good


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

Thanx

Already have both... Just have to finish painting the flush mounted louvers and install both.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:16 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
wmschoonover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Owensboro
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorMCA View Post
The deep impact blue is a bit deeper than the Kona blue. Honestly idk which I like better but because mine is Kona, I obviously like it better 😜Attachment 205055


2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

Looks great. I like the Kona blue too... But they didn't make it in 14.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
BurntToAshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 94107
Region: California
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Get the automatic and stick with a V6, as long as you live in California. With the smog requirements in California and being the Law Abiding citizen you are, you still can add some mods and have a spicy little car. Your insurance will rob you in San Fran. V6 will be cheaper, especially for your age group.

Good Luck whichever you choose.

Well so the thing is if it's a 15 I would definitely go for a automatic, but for a 14 one I'm kinda lured into manual because so many of my friends has stick shifts, I can name a STI, a Golf GTI, plus a 90s Camaro. In fact, I wouldn't consider about it if I hasn't had any experience driving a manual.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BurntToAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
when buying gas - "LOOK AT WHAT YOUR BUYING""" ronnie948 The Bar 22 07-02-2016 01:48 PM
Wheel choice (best choice?) Jvibe92 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5 12-02-2014 03:08 PM
buying new stang!! :-D stangcobra General Mustang Discussion 25 11-22-2012 06:11 AM
Buying New 'stang '13 or '12 JonJuice 2011-2014 Mustang GT 11 08-18-2012 01:14 PM
v6 to true exaust. buying parts. am i buying the right parts steveyb927 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 04-16-2009 10:04 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.