Supercharger upgrade - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Supercharger upgrade

Hi guys
Hope everyone is well I haven't seen much literature on this or well definitive material. For those of u who r running this I wanna see if what's in saying is possible. I'm currently w the procharger complete kit running st 8psi. Boost come late so I have been reading on running a smaller pulley and add on a wastegate/bov to limit boost at 8psi thus allowing me peak boost at 4-5 rpm.
Have any of u on here tried it successfully and what pros/cons do u babe about it?
Thanks

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2016, 12:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Hope this helps....

This kit is designed around 100% stock cars and uses the P-1SC-1 ProCharger. We recommend running stock engines with 8 pounds of boost, which will produce a 50-60% horsepower increase. Our intercooled “Tuner Kit” (no fuel system upgrades or tuning included, custom dyno tuning and sourcing fuel system upgrades is required) is for customers with modified engines seeking higher boost or power levels. This supercharger kit starts at $5448 MSRP. Running more than 8-9 psi of boost will require modifications to the engine and transmission to be able to handle the pressure. If you’re wanting to make 900 HP, your car will need extensive modifications that you will need to discuss with a local engine builder and dyno tuner. You will find a more competitive price through one of our many ProCharger dealers. You can find ProCharger dealers in your area by using the dealer locator at http://www.procharger.com/supercharg...ers/find.shtml Thank you for contacting us and for selecting ProCharger as The Ultimate Power Adder for your car.

See pages 16-17 in the attached PDF for more information, system options and pricing.

Sorry I can't attach the PDF, the file is too large to attach. Contact Procharger Direct and they can send it you direct.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have looked at Beefacke racing torque booster package for the same thing on my Paxton. I think what you are referring to is ok because you arent running a higher PSI on the engine. The waste gate caps the PSI but allows it to spool faster this achieving the boost peak quicker. I have done allot of looking into this. you do NOT get any more HP out of it. you do increase your torque numbers some. It basically allows you to get into boost quicker. My two concerns (why I havent done it yet but an still seriously considering)

1. The waste gate is spring loaded and based on pressure and such. if that breaks or doesnt work properly you would in fact be at 14 or so boost, depending on pully, and that would quickly if not immediately cause irreparable harm

2. I have traction issues now... more torque quicker would really be questionable as far as a help or a hinderance

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

I have looked at Beefacke racing torque booster package for the same thing on my Paxton. I think what you are referring to is ok because you arent running a higher PSI on the engine. The waste gate caps the PSI but allows it to spool faster this achieving the boost peak quicker. I have done allot of looking into this. you do NOT get any more HP out of it. you do increase your torque numbers some. It basically allows you to get into boost quicker. My two concerns (why I havent done it yet but an still seriously considering)

1. The waste gate is spring loaded and based on pressure and such. if that breaks or doesnt work properly you would in fact be at 14 or so boost, depending on pully, and that would quickly if not immediately cause irreparable harm

2. I have traction issues now... more torque quicker would really be questionable as far as a help or a hinderance
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2016, 08:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Thanks sterling. Yeah, that is my only concern the boost not being limited, but I should see it instantly on the gauge itself. Are there any issues with higher temperatures? And yeah I know the hp will not increase lol just want to reach peak boost a little bit quicker lol

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang