New throttle body replaced at dealer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
New throttle body replaced at dealer

So I went into the dealer for my tune up and I told them about a jerking from the rear end. So they tested something out and they said my throttle body was bad and replaced it for free under warranty. On the paper it says performed pin point test open circuit in throttle body. Does anybody know what that means? Also it sometimes still jerks a bit but not as often. I have noticed more top end power and a much smoother acceleration especially when slightly accelerating on turns.the car runs like new but I've noticed a little less low end acceleration. Well the point is does anyone know what was wrong with my old throttle body and can I get the car to perform a little better with this one and get more low end like my old one used to do? Maybe recalibration?
rubyredv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2016, 09:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Should have asked them. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2016, 10:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ur right I still can because they are also replacing my dash for discoloration they are just waiting on parts. Either way all I know is I got a brand new free throttle body.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You didn't get a free throttle body. You had a defective part replaced.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:35 AM   #5
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
tune up? Something the dealer suggested?

om the (hopefully) helpful side:

look in the manual for idle re-learn
if it's an auto there is some type of adaptive learning response that can be reset by disconnecting battery for a bit or there is a fuse that can be pulled (#47?)
Old 10-05-2016, 06:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah tune up as in oil change tire rotation etc
Old 10-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
If that was my car I would bring it back to them until they figured it out. Not being sarcastic but they already replaced your throttle body but the car is still making the same jerking but less frequently. Pff I would use that warranty as much as you could. Hell you paid for it. Bring it back, tell the dealer to fix it...I wish my GT was still under warranty, I have a couple things I find to my benefit.. Good luck
SolarFlarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Agree with Solar. Be straight with them and ask for them to figure it out 100%, not 99%!
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP, 82mm pulley,JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs, Relo Brackets, Diff Bushing, Ford Racing Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncrp II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket & Safety Loop, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, BlackCat Gauge Face, Boss Lower Fascia, High Flow GT Grill Insert
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I would have sworn the factory throttle body was only around $40 cheaper (4 years ago) than the ones BBK sell. According to Ford Factory Parts web site they sell for $65. When Ford replaced your throttle body, they weren't out of a lot of money
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:41 PM   #10

Region: Minnesota
Ok, I've been a Ford tech since 1977. With that said, most of us (Tech's) would love to fix all your concerns. My biggest problem with fixing them right the first time is " Not getting all the information" Make sure all your driveability concerns are passed onto the repairing Tech. Best part of my job, I'm the guy who gets to inspect & drive all new Mustangs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161007_154314040.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	205536  
Docstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Right, can't fix something you're not aware of being wrong.
Way to make us jealous Doc! Lol
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP, 82mm pulley,JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs, Relo Brackets, Diff Bushing, Ford Racing Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncrp II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket & Safety Loop, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, BlackCat Gauge Face, Boss Lower Fascia, High Flow GT Grill Insert
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

The jerking isn't that big of a concern to me because I still have a long time left on my aftermarket warranty even if the ford one expires. I really haven't even noticed anything in the last couple of drives. But its probably not even related to the throttle body. Overall I'm happy with this dealership and their fix though because my last dealership wouldn't even listen to me when I told them something didn't feel right in the cars acceleration. This dealership actually listens to customers and writes down everything you tell them feels wrong then they check it out. Either way i'm waiting on parts they ordered for me and i'll try to see if I can make the car do what it was doing and if I can then I will take a tech out on a test drive or a service advisor so they can see what I'm talking about because I'm not very good at explaining it. Like it feels kind of like a bump forward and it feels like its from the rear axle. At times it feels like something hitting the car from behind when coming out of a stoplight.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:05 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

The bump feel when coming to a stop is pretty much normal. My automatic has done it from day one.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Not from coming to a stop from coming out of a stop
Old 10-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyredv6 View Post

Does it almost feel like someone taking a sledgehammer to the back of the frame and like jolting you forward a bit?

2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh. You've got something messed up for sure
Old 10-10-2016, 06:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

In a way yeah it does feel like that Trevor it feels like the car behind me is hitting me. And it's kind of funny because the first couple times I noticed it i was like woah a car just hit me only to look back and see that there was either no car behind or a car really far away.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
In a way yeah it does feel like that Trevor it feels like the car behind me is hitting me. And it's kind of funny because the first couple times I noticed it i was like woah a car just hit me only to look back and see that there was either no car behind or a car really far away.

lol I have the same reaction. It scares me when I'm in traffic. My theory on that jolt is the transmission trying to shift but you aren't quite going fast enough for it so go smoothly. Cause it doesn't happen all the time usually when I accelerate and then let go of the gas right as it's shifting like in traffic. Do you have aftermarket gears or a tune?

2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:11 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Nope fully stock and yeah it does it when accelerating and then letting go of the gas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang