Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ecoboost Conversion

4K views 40 replies 7 participants last post by  swhitfield2013 
#1 ·
Hello all decided to start my new build thread here I am currently TT my 2012 auto 3.7
current mods
kyb struts and shocks on pro touring springs 1.6"drop
custom cat-back exhaust
New engine 20k miles RIP First motor
3.73 gears(not installed looking to trade for 3.55's
MPT 93r-100 tune
Nitrous 125shot
CAI
wire tuck
So i have planned this out for about a year and finally pulled the trigger last month. I started by first getting me a set of turbos i lucked out and got a good set for 300$ shipped couldn't pass that up
I then grabbed a new set of manifolds from ford "shout out to white bear lake ford gave me some great prices order through the website its cheaper 37$ a pop great price
This is not my first turbo car so i was able to get almost everything i needed off ebay and local parts stores besides the adapter kit sold via supersixmotorsports their is a way to make brackets to fit the manifolds but my wielding sucks so i have to wait 3 weeks for the kit.
besides that i grabbed 65lb injectors for 325$ same ones sold by mpt only their cheaper on ebay for some reason
wideband 02 aem 185$
boost/oil/temp gauges and pod 140
reusing my old bov
intercooler is a toss up depending on your taste just went with what i knew would fit i.e i totally ripped off the hellion intercooler setup :):dance:
downpipe for now will reuse stock exhaust my goal is 450hp daily driver i will post pics as parts arrive and ask you guys lots of questions along the way a tune is gonna cost me around 700 i figure but i currently only need intercooler pipes and adapter plates to put everything on.

Attachments

See less See more
#36 ·
Right. Like i said though, boost and HP are not the same thing. These are very tiny turbos, and 8 psi out of them is not going to be very meaningful, whereas a procharger is a much larger compressor and flows much more air at 8 psi than these would.

Basically, my only point is that i dont think he needs to go hacking up these turbos to try to change the wastegate springs. I mean look at what they do in stock form on other applications... they're not even 450 at the crank, let alone the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.