Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ranking of Exhaust loudness (Decibels)

Tags
exhaust
11K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Spykexx 
#1 ·
What would you guys rank exhausts in terms of loudness? I want to get some borla s types, but Im thinking about Roush too, but dont want my car to be heard 3 blocks away. I've heard the ATAK is pretty loud and flowmasters can be loud too. Im gonna get a CAI too, but no other mods. I kinda want my car to sound a bit louder than a stock gt.

Side question: If at all possible, are there any adjustable exhausts for the v6 where you can open and close the valves??

Thanks

#3 ·
#4 · (Edited)
I have Roush with bbk shorty headers and love my sound, but from your prefernce of exhaust volume I wouldn't recommend them to you.
If your okay with selling a kidney Id suggest a set of Borla s types or magnaflow streets.
As for the Varitune tbh I haven't head how they sound, but yes any shop can make them fit your pipes.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

#9 ·
So in my looking around under the hood, I somehow managed to miss the headers upgrade. So mine is quite a bit deeper than stock headers + roush. I was wondering why mine didn't pop nearly as bad as every other Roush exhaust on the interwebs! Apparently the previous owner (Just bought her 2 weeks ago) Got some BBK Long tubes installed. I was more excited than a kid in the candy shop when I seen that BBK weld on the side tonight! When I was crawling around underneath it on Monday I was wondering why the tubes looked so sexy haha.

#7 ·
Shane, the issue with gutting the cats is found in the interruption of exhaust flow. The hot gasses expand, and then have to be compressed again (twice on one section of pipe on the Mustang with four cats). You are actually creating back pressure.

The other problem is that you would need to purchase new cats or a midpipe if you ever wanted cats on the car again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.