Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Heater not working

28K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Strange Mud 
#1 ·
Has anyone experienced problems with the heater not working? With winter around the corner I turned mine in today and it's not blowing hot air. Warmish air maybe but obvious that something is wrong. I let it run forever even with a warm engine. I thought maybe a fuse but I could be wrong.

2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

#5 ·
Is your temperature gauge needle going up to the normal range?

#6 ·
Faulty thermostat is a possibility also.
Are the heater hoses going to and from your heater, hot or warm? If just warm, could be lack of flow as previously mentioned or thermostat.

#8 ·
Can get pretty cold at night on those Texas prairies. I think I've seen that in some movies.:D

#9 ·
lol I don't need the heater right now, I just know it'll be in the 30's for at least a week sometime this winter ?. I just got my oil changed the other day and they topped off fluids but when my car cools off I will check them. As for the heater hoses, I'm completely ignorant as to where they are so I'll have to look into that. I do have the extended bumper to bumper warranty so I'll probably take advantage of that along with some other things before it runs out. I have 10,000 more miles until I hit 80k. ?

2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

#10 ·
Let us know what the problem was!!!

#12 ·
Take a small mirror and check the bottom of the water pump. It has a very small hole called a 'weep' hole. If its leaking you will probably need to replace it :)

#14 ·
^^^^good guess

Trevor, Google Updated Mustang overflow hose or search the V6 forum. There have been a few water pump failures when the overflow does not have a check valve.

most have had it replaced (pump not hose) if it leaks under the 5/60. Several of us updated the hose as preventive

#16 ·
I had this same problem tonight. No heat with warm engine. Heat came out for a bit when engine revvved up around 3k. Put coolant in near empty reservoir and I had heat. No puddles on the ground. Is water pump gone or is the check valve fix enough to fix this problem. Going to bring it in to dealer next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#17 ·
Once the water pump fails the check valve won't fix it. If your dealer does replace the water pump, check to see if they replace the check valve hose. If they didn't you can order one and replace it yourself, I think mine was $22. Let us know how it goes :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.