Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Recall, 2011 V6 throttle body.

Tags
2011 v6
3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  David Young 
#1 ·
I just got a recall letter from Ford for the throttle body on my 2011 V6. I have read several people having to have theirs replaced on this Forum. I haven't had any problems with mine but will have it replaced free of charge. The letter also says that if you have paid to have your throttle body replaced, you could be reimbursed if you fall in the date of the recall. You have to check with your dealer to find out the date.

Just thought I would let you all know :)

#3 ·
I haven't had any problems with mine too. They are calling it a "Customer Satisfaction Program" instead of a "recall" for some reason. Its Customer Satisfaction Program 16B23. I thought it was the passenger side inflator that will have letters going out soon, according to my Ford dealer :)

#4 ·
Passenger side air bag now?!? It's a wonder that air bag company is still in business, and has not filed for bankrupt protection yet.

#7 ·
My Ford service guy ordered my throttle body on Monday. Its in and they are going to change it tomorrow. He told me it should take around 30 minutes. That sounds about right. I remove and clean mine every 2 years, I just cleaned it a couple months ago :(

#9 ·
Dealer replaced it this morning and took 30minutes. They didn't say anything about my tune, long tube headers or my CAI. Don't worry if your not stock, it doesn't matter :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.