Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Magnaflow competition with Bbk shorties

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  3.7Muscle 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried this setup? I would like to know if it makes a decently deep sound, but would rather not spend the money on the shorties if it makes it sound raspy as hell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
I heard that car in person and it sounds absolutely great.
Ronnie

#6 ·
Yea that car sounds really good even with the youtube audio, I'm trying to stay away from the x pipe cuz it does make things more raspy from what I've seen, I really wish there was a good h pipe for the 3.7

#7 ·
The stock Ford Mustang 3,7 H-Pipe is fine.
Not raspy like an X-Pipe and better low end torque.
Ronnie

#9 ·
My X-pipe just gets rid of the hybrid H/X, no loss of power at all. The stock Cats and Resonators are still in place. More important no drone or rasp, the people that complain about that are the ones that run a High flow set up or off road pipe, removing the resonators is the cause of rasp not the X pipe.
I put the video up so you could see the difference in sound, the BBK shorties made it deeper and more low to mid range power, and it really is noticeable.

#10 ·
I am glad you did a comparison video of bbk and no bbk, it really sold me on the bbk headers. Once I get those I will see if I want to switch the mid pipe. Again that car sounds awesome good job!

#13 ·
And I bought the said H Pipe from Volt ^^^^ not too long ago. It has definitely caused an increase in drone and rasp for sure....I eventually had to do a few things to get rid of most of the drone but the rasp is still there. For as my butt dyno goes....I love the power increase so much that I am looking for ways to fix my exhaust tone without removing the H Pipe.

That would be the simple solution to not running cats at least....

On topic though....The comps are essentially a straight through design so it alone could cause the drone and rasp but as far as the BBK shorties are concerned, just like others have said. Its designed to push more air through and deepen the tone.

#14 ·
And I bought the said H Pipe from Volt ^^^^ not too long ago. It has definitely caused an increase in drone and rasp for sure....I eventually had to do a few things to get rid of most of the drone but the rasp is still there. For as my butt dyno goes....I love the power increase so much that I am looking for ways to fix my exhaust tone without removing the H Pipe.

That would be the simple solution to not running cats at least....
And that one even had resonators welded in haha. These 3.7 motors are so touchy to get right when it comes to sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.