Mustang Evolution Forum banner

How long have you had your V6? How many miles? Any issues?

10K views 59 replies 45 participants last post by  2ponies 
#1 ·
How long have you had your V6? How many miles on it? Any issues?

I've had mine about 6 months. Put about 8k on it. Currently have 60.5k miles. My stock throttle body failed. Replaced with a BBK.

#30 ·
forgot to answer op's ?

2012 with 30K...various rattles made worse by suspension mods...air bag recal, front LCA's under wtty, rear axle under wtty (bent). A decent fun toy. For a V6 it goes great and after upgrading suspension it hustles through corners but does not have the great feel of a true drivers car.

#31 ·
2011 V6 with about 83,000 miles. My transmission just went on me(auto). I think it's mostly due to the previous owner seriously beating on it, the car always shift flared going from 3-4 but I didn't notice it too much when I first got it and brushed it off. I got it at 56k miles in 2014. I also had a tendency to shift 1-2-3-D from time to time, but that doesn't cause any damage correct? AFAIK it doesn't but if someone knows otherwise I'd be happy to listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#32 · (Edited)
2011 V6 Coupé automatic, Pony package, daily driver! Bought new in California and driven there for 4 years, now in Florida. Never had any issues!
Now 85k miles. Got new lower control arms installed due to a clanking noise from worn bushings (thanks to the crappy LA roads). Everything else still original even the brakes aside from the regular maintenance services. No modifications. Still Running strong! Was thinking about trading it in, but - no way! The new Stang doesn't have that special look anymore!

#33 ·
Bought my 2012 V6 Premium Convertible in March of last year when it was about 5 degrees out. It had been owned by a Ford Exec if I can believe the salesman; so I'm second owner. Just turned over 40K coming back from the folks on Thanksgiving Day. Airbags replaced by recall, air conditioner line broke just after the warranty expired this spring. I've seen several others say they had problems with this ac line. It's fun to drive and I'm in a convertible club. I would like the extra horses tho, maybe next year.

#36 ·
2011 v6 premium convertible. Purchased with 35,000, after 2 years now have 50,000. Has a tune and 3.73 gears. Love to drive fast and has a great holeshot now. Did the airbag recall. A light for the airbag is lit on the dash....Ford dealer wanted to remove the seat for additional charge to check for either wire issue or sensor replacement. It's not a big deal to me....outside of that, it's been a great toy. For 15,000.00 and 300HP with the top down ....not sure you can have anymore fun then that, with your clothes on!! ????

#37 ·
57,xxx miles no major issues from the car itself. Got it with 48,000 miles last August, and got my gears and tune done early this year. Airbag has been fixed as well. Only issue I had was the hail storms we had here in Texas this past April but that's been all fixed as well car runs great looking forward to future mods.

#39 ·
damn dude. that's nuts. I love using mine as a daily driver...if I wanted a garage car I totally would've gotten a 5.0 or like a gt500 lol

#41 ·
2013 Premium Package and the Pony Package. 16,139 miles. Purchased New. A few mods installed. Never been driven on snow or ice.:mustang:

#43 ·
2014 V6 purchased in March of 2014 new from dealer. Just passed 30k this weekend. The only issue I have had so far was my passenger side taillight went out, but it was replaced under warranty. The car only has light mods currently though, we will see how she holds up after some heavier mods I have waiting to install when I have some free time.

#45 ·
14 SGM Premium Vert. Bought new 9/1/14. 14,500 miles now. NO issues, minor mods in signature.
My retirement toy. It's a keeper.

#46 ·
My 2011 v6 manual has 83k on her and gets driven in the snow and rain all the time. No major issues but lots of little stuff. Ball joints wore out at 73k, control arm bushings started making noise way before that. Rear sway bar links. Power seat motor on passenger side. Power lumbar support driver side. Front brakes. Corrosion on hood (typical). It's been a fun daily driver and I really enjoy it. I make sure to wash all the salt off the underside of the car after every snowstorm in hopes of keeping rust at bay. Fun to drive in the show with four snow tires on it too, goes through everything pretty easily.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#47 ·
I have a 14' 3.7 conv. It's my daily driver approaching 26k. So far I've had the top replaced under warranty because it was rubbing and wore down the beading. I also get water once in a while in the inner rear wheel wells. It was in for that and they found a unsealed seam, fixed, but still get water. I enjoy the car and it has a decent amount of power. I've lately found myself considering getting an 08' GT500.

#48 ·
I bought my 2014 V6 new and now have a bit over 46k miles on it. The only major issue was a leak around the rear main seal at 2xxxx miles... the tech described it to me as a plate that holds the rear main seal, and the plate's sealant was missing (perhaps where it bolts to the block?), resulting in a leak (he said the sealant was omitted at the factory and they had been in contact with a rep about it... I was amazed that it made it so long before it started leaking). That issue was fixed under warranty. Minor issue was the vent on the rear axle burping fluid over the axle, but that was addressed via a TSB & updated part. I elected to put an aftermarket driveshaft on the car after our first road trip, as the original would start vibrating at around 100.

The car has done several long road trips from the Midwest to the west coast and back, and last summer we did a 6k+ mile road trip that included a coast-to-coast run (made it coast-to-coast in less than two days). Obviously, that road trip included a lot of relatively high speed miles, but the engine didn't use any oil at all and the car averaged 25+ mpg for the trip. I've been very impressed with the little Cyclone V6...

#49 ·
Bought a 2014 V6 manual (base model) on 6/16/16... yes 666 lol. Car had 128xx I believe and now it has 172xx. Only thing I had to deal with was the driver side airbag and a passenger side water leak. The water leak was covered under warranty ( I just hit my 3 years and lost my bumper to bumper warranty :( ) The water leak was from the cabin air filter area.

Glad to report no issues since they sealed the water leak problem area. She is running good and will get sideways if I tell her too. I am running RedLine 5W-20 with a RoyalPurple oil filter (20-500) and I change my oil often.

#50 ·
2011 convertible, purchased with 35000 miles, now has 50,000 miles mbrp axelbacks, 3.73 gears, bama tune, air raid CAI, 2013 GT wheels w/19" Pirellis. Mobil One synthetic, 3rd owner. Wire under drivers seat loose and leaves air bag disabled light on. Otherwise runs like a striped ape! Takes me to the golf course with the top down in style with performance!!!

#51 ·
2014 V6 Premium Convertible here. Bought it for the wife just 2 weeks ago and it had 32k miles on it. It was "Ford Certified", but 1 of the door sill plates wouldn't light up. I can see how that might get missed in the certifying process. They fixed it under warranty.

Is anyone else a little disappointed in the "Premium" package for the 2014 model year? It seems all I got for it was leather seats and a shaker sound system. Only the drivers seat is powered, no auto lights, no fog lights. I just expected a little bit more.

#53 ·
Is anyone else a little disappointed in the "Premium" package for the 2014 model year? It seems all I got for it was leather seats and a shaker sound system. Only the drivers seat is powered, no auto lights, no fog lights. I just expected a little bit more.
Yeah I can understand that. I've got a 2012 PP so it has all the bells and whistles beyond the premium such as fog lights. However after seeing the base model between the aluminum dash and upgraded stereo I'm certainly happy with the premium.

#56 ·
133,000 Miles on my 2012

Geez, what are guys waiting for?

The suspension really and truly sucks. The rear sway bar bushings were squeaking and sqealing like crazy. Replaced them with Moog neoprene at about 45,000 miles and need to just replace the sway bar now. It's making noise again.

Replaced the front upper control arms the same time I did the sawyer bar bushings. No more clunking problems there.

Paint's bubbling on the front edge of the hood. I'll have the whole thing repainted this Spring.

Installed an Airaid cold air intake(well, actually "warm" air intake considering its location) and bama tunes that have worked pretty flawlessly.

The interior chrome strip on the shifter is peeling as well as the paint chipping from the steering wheel control buttons. I came here today to see if anyone has a fix for those.

I swapped out those nasty 17" wheels for the GT's 18" and they are much, much better. Got those Pirelli's and Goodyears on and traction and handling is great.

I used the 17" rims to mount ice and snow tires and with the stability and traction control and dedicated winter tires I go anywhere so long as there's less than 8" is snow.

Ford dealership know NOTHING about this vehicle or are too lazy to care.

On to to 150!

#58 ·
2013 PP bought on Feb '13

23000miles

Issues: LCA replaced multiple times(warranty), transmission leak (warranty), AC condenser rrplaced twice(warranty), auto shifter (warranty), warped rotors (i paid) and now a rust bubble showed up on the hood (no action taken yet).

Mod virus caught me last week and ordered an sct and 3 custom MPT(not loaded yet):whistling:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.