Mustang Evolution Forum banner

How long have you had your V6? How many miles? Any issues?

10K views 59 replies 45 participants last post by  2ponies 
#1 ·
How long have you had your V6? How many miles on it? Any issues?

I've had mine about 6 months. Put about 8k on it. Currently have 60.5k miles. My stock throttle body failed. Replaced with a BBK.

#3 ·
My ordered 2011 came in in May 2010, so 6 1/2 years. I have 26,221 miles. Only problems I've had was the drivers side power seat motor went out and the passenger side lighted door sill (the word MUSTANG) wouldn't change colors. Everything was fixed under warranty. My 2011 'might' have been the 98th Mustang built for the year. :)

#4 ·
Bought mine July 1st 2011, currently have 86-87k miles of alaska summer AND winter driving. had a rear shock leak, replaced under warranty. catalytic converters melted around 25k miles, replaced under warranty. rear sway bar clunk, replaced with whiteline sway bar. Looks like the water pump is leaking, I'll replace that in a few months as long as it doesn't get worse. All in all nothing too major longest I was without my car was a day or 2 for the melted cats

Sent from my LG-AS811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
2014 V6 premium here. bought it used in April 2014 with 6k miles on it. the car itself was manufactured in may 13 so the guy before me had it straight from the factory and put 6k on it.

so I've had it almost 3 years now, and I just hit 19k miles today. the only things I've had fixed are:
replaced rear pinion seal bc it was leaking
replaced interior rear view mirror bc it rattled like hell and they replaced the windshield too bc they broke it when replacing
had to get my hood repainted bc of the bubbling of paint on the edge
had to get the mechanism on my drivers side seat replaced bc it broke and the behind the knees part got stuck all the way up

that's it I believe. honestly nothing major. they were all covered under warranty. didn't pay for any. but now I'm outta the 3 year warranty so I'm scared lol but the engine runs great

#10 ·
2012 Pony Package manual transmission with 48,000 miles on it. . Just finished replacing the rear sway bar bushings and the end links, about an hour ago, due to a loud clunk in the rear. One end link bushings was very loose, I have not even test driven it yet but I'm sure it will fix the problem. Other than that I had an AC leak when it was under warranty and they replaced a hose. Nothing else wrong that I can think of over the last 4 years.

#11 ·
My 2013 V6 Mustang needed a complete rebuilt of the rear differential at 19K miles. This car has not been raced, etc. Fortunately the major repair was covered under the 5 yr power train warranty. The throttle response has a dangerous delay when trying looking for sudden extra passing power while cruising. I'm told this is normal for drive by wire systems. A power tune would probably eliminate this, but likely void the warranty. Otherwise I'm very happy with the Impact Blue color and great highway gas mileage ( 30-35 mpg).

#13 ·
2013 Perf Pack manual with many mods. Love the car but don't get to drive it often enough (not my DD). I am going to drive it on track at Miami Homestead Speedway soon! 17k miles, no issues. Have tracked the car 3 times and brakes did get hot, but we're fine once they cooled.

#14 ·
Bought my V6 in Feb. of 2015, it was a 2014 so I got a good deal cuz they were pushing the new 550 2015's and trying to sell out the 2014 197's. Bought it with 25 miles on it, have put 39,700 on it and have had no problems with it what-so-ever. It's my daily driver and love to drive this car. Every time I finish my shift at work I walk over to it and it just makes me smile.

#15 ·
I bought my 2014 in July of 2013 and have only 14,948 miles on it. No issues so far. I still need to get the airbag replaced.

#16 ·
I bought my 2014 v6 base model in September of 2014 with 22 test drive miles on it. I put 31,186 miles on it before trading it in last weekend. Only issues I had were created by me after lowering it. I bought sr lowering springs and double adjustable Panhard bar and the bushing on the end of the Panhard bar broke and was making a clunking noise. Fixed it by swapping it out for the stock one but then the rear end wasn't centered. Other than that the car was great, my 6 year old cried when my wife told her I was getting rid of it.

#21 ·
2011 V6 Race Red, bought it with 36,000 miles on it in January. One owner car and I have put aboutique 7,000 miles on it while using it as a daily. Love the car. I believe I might have a throttle body issue but they are replacing a lot under warranty and my airbag has been done already. No problems beyond that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

#22 ·
2014 V6 Premium in Sept of 2014, put 15k pn it, no issues at all, but I have heavily modded it, and now I absolutely love it. When I decide to do the Pro Charger though, I was told to go back to the stock air box and throttle body versus my K&N CAI and my BBK TB. But I love my car.

#24 ·
How long have you had your V6? How many miles on it? Any issues?

I've had mine about 6 months. Put about 8k on it. Currently have 60.5k miles. My stock throttle body failed. Replaced with a BBK.

Rattle in door. Loose nuts for window mount. Easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#25 ·
61,000 and it was 4 years old last September, picked it up with 257 miles at the dealer in North Carolina.
Has a vibration in the subs on the door speakers and the pinion seal was replaced at 31,000 miles.
Changing the subs with the Shelby version and see where that goes.

#28 ·
2012 Race Red V6 with Performance Package. Bought new two days after Thanksgiving 2011 with 5 miles on it. Now has about 30,000 miles. Only issue I've ever had is the heater has decided to stop working just as it's starting to get really cold in New England ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.