Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Sun Visor TSB

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  walexelect 
#1 ·
It's been a while. I have a dangling visor mirror door and the visor light stays on. I searched and found there is a TSB for this (#13-5-30). I called the dealer and he informed me of a couple of things.

First - TSB's are only free if the original warranty is in effect. This is news to me - is this true? I always thought they were similar to recalls but less urgent.

Second, he tells me the part needed is $142.15 and about $75 in labor but since I have the extended warranty it would only cost my $100 deductible. I started to proceed down this path but my frugalness prevented it.

I printed the actual TSB which stated the part number needed and stated that there is .2 hours of labor required (that's 12 minutes). I searched the part online (CL3Z-1504098-AC) and found them for between $18 and $27. Is this really the cost for the mirror/visor door assembly - seems too cheap?

Has anybody done this fix themselves. Obviously it affects a lot of cars - I can't believe I am the only one posting this. Is the dealer this much of a ******bag?

#3 ·
I worked for Ford for 2 years, TSB are not recalls, they are there for the technician to be able to see common issues for that certain vehicle. Yes they will charge more because the tech is paid flat rate, now if the labor was covered by warranty then your wouldn't pay more obviously. It would be a lot cheaper if you did it yourself, it's just two screws and a connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#4 ·
Just curious if this is more of an issue for those that own a convertible?

#5 ·
Nice tang, there are are plenty of these on eBay, mostly from salvage yards. You might get lucky and find some one to split the pair. I doubt it, l have seen visors as low as 35. And as high as 100. That's pretty reasonable, is your convertable top interfering with your visor on that side of the car?

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I "think" he's right about the TSBs...
phone a couple more dealers & ask. You never know.

Things like the airbag recall are safety-related, & handled totally different from TSBs

I think you're on your own with outdated TSBs, as that counts as a non-safety issue, & "normal wear & tear"

Remember, if cars didn't fall apart, the companies would never sell new ones, or make money with repairs.

The always gracious Rowdy Roddy Piper

#7 ·
Why is it, I'm watching 'Russian Crash Videos' on youtube. I come across your 'Frog Whisper' video :cry:

#9 ·
I know :). If you ever pick him up, don't hold him facing you. Frogs can pee more than you think. I found out the hard way :(.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.