Suspension suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Suspension suggestions

I have a 2014 3.7L and I have it lowered with an Air Lift Performance V2 digital system. Other than that, I have installed a SR Performance sway bar kit (Front Adjustable at center adjustment)

Since I drive lowered, I was curious what if any other suspension modifications I should do for best performance and ride quality.

This is my ride height at 26 1/2 inches from ground to center of wheel well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1483570629.144856.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	214082

I'm on 255/35R20's all around.

I have adjusted my dampers to a fairly good ride, I'm just curious if I could get even better results.
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2017, 06:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That entire statement is contradictory.

You're on 20" rims
Narrow tires
Knock off sway bars
air ride suspension
WAY too low of a ride height

None of that = good handling.
Voltwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Ouch......

Sent from my LG-H812 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
That entire statement is contradictory.

You're on 20" rims
Narrow tires
Knock off sway bars
air ride suspension
WAY too low of a ride height

None of that = good handling.

Actually handling is very good. Corners like a dream and for all practical sense it is very smooth.
Yeah sway bars aren't high dollar, but sway bars are basically thick metal bars so brand shouldn't effect anything except for the bushings.

I asked about ride QUALITY not handling. Like I said. Handling isn't an issue.

Just curious if upper and/or lower control arms etc would effect my ride or if I should just leave it alone.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmschoonover View Post
I have a 2014 3.7L and I have it lowered with an Air Lift Performance V2 digital system. Other than that, I have installed a SR Performance sway bar kit (Front Adjustable at center adjustment)

Since I drive lowered, I was curious what if any other suspension modifications I should do for best performance and ride quality.

This is my ride height at 26 1/2 inches from ground to center of wheel well.

Attachment 214082

I'm on 255/35R20's all around.

I have adjusted my dampers to a fairly good ride, I'm just curious if I could get even better results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Ouch......

Sent from my LG-H812 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
He asked, i answered
Old 01-04-2017, 07:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1. Actually handling is very good. Corners like a dream and for all practical sense it is very smooth.
2. Yeah sway bars aren't high dollar, but sway bars are basically thick metal bars so brand shouldn't effect anything except for the bushings.

3. I asked about ride QUALITY not handling. Like I said. Handling isn't an issue.

4. Just curious if upper and/or lower control arms etc would effect my ride or if I should just leave it alone.
1. Ok.

2. Not true.

3. Pretty sure you did. Unless i misunderstand what "best performance" is referring to.

4. No.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well since I replaced the stock sway bars with thicker/adjustable sway bars, then it should be an improvement if even just a small one.

Trust me, last SR Performance part I'll ever purchase after the trouble I got from their crappy shifter (replaced that junk with MGW)

As for wheels/tires... have no desire to run a 9/10 staggered set due to this being my daily driver.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I agree with Volt.

That being said, I would recommend you take a look at the handling packages by BMR. Most of their packages are for the 05-10 Mustangs, but you can still find the equivalent 11-14 parts. That should give you a reasonable idea of what else you could add.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:48 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Suspension suggestions

I'm on bags too but I'm gonna be honest the lower you ride the worse the ride quality. I've had springs, coilovers, and bags but by far the bags have been the best ride quality out of those 3. I'm riding lower than when I was slammed on my coilovers but the ride quality is way better. Airlift suggests to ride at around 45 psi on all four corners to get the best ride quality. Maybe try raising up your ride height to get better ride quality.

IG: justaslow3.7
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I've adjusted height and honestly there is little difference between my 26 1/2" height and when I raised it the other day for some snow that came in. Don't know the height I'm at but it does make it easier to go over the two speed bumps I have to drive over (work) since I don't have to slow down as much.

Like I said before, my ride quality is very good especially for being lowered but I have adjusted my dampers multiple times to get it here.

Harm_3.7, do you have any other suspension parts installed? Since we both have a similar year, engine, and air lift, that would be a good determining factor in what I might or might. It want to do.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've adjusted height and honestly there is little difference between my 26 1/2" height and when I raised it the other day for some snow that came in. Don't know the height I'm at but it does make it easier to go over the two speed bumps I have to drive over (work) since I don't have to slow down as much.

Like I said before, my ride quality is very good especially for being lowered but I have adjusted my dampers multiple times to get it here.

Harm_3.7, do you have any other suspension parts installed? Since we both have a similar year, engine, and air lift, that would be a good determining factor in what I might or might. It want to do.

I'm running a BMR upper control arm with the mount, BMR lower control arms, BMR control arm brackets, pan hard bar, and sway bars. The reason I did the upper and lower control arms was to get my 1/4th track times down not really for ride quality.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm_3.7 View Post
I'm running a BMR upper control arm with the mount, BMR lower control arms, BMR control arm brackets, pan hard bar, and sway bars. The reason I did the upper and lower control arms was to get my 1/4th track times down not really for ride quality.

Thanks. That is the information I was needing. Might do upper and lower to prevent wheel hop on launches.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks. That is the information I was needing. Might do upper and lower to prevent wheel hop on launches.

Only reason I did the upper was I upgraded to a one piece driveshaft and wanted to adjust the pinion angle. If you do lower control arms and the control arm brackets you should be good on wheel hop.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm_3.7 View Post
Only reason I did the upper was I upgraded to a one piece driveshaft and wanted to adjust the pinion angle. If you do lower control arms and the control arm brackets you should be good on wheel hop.

Thanx.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang