eco boost v6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-12-2017, 05:06 AM   #1

Region: Kentucky
eco boost v6?

has anyone ever tried to take a turbo from the eco boost v6 f150 and tried to put it on a 11+ v6? or would it even work?
justinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 05:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
As far as I can tell our 3.7's are just boarded out 3.5's. The main problem after the cost is our compression ratio is too high and would need to lower the psi of the boost or change the pistons in our 3.7. I'm no expert
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
eco boost v6?

www.supersixmotorsports.com

This is probably what you are thinking about.

Check out on the left side the adapter kit.
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
There are quite a few threads in this very section of the forum covering this. The search feature is your friend.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Yeah there are pretty good threads on this I think someone on one thread stated it's half the cost of pro charging if you source all the parts from junkyard and get the adapters from supersix
rubyredv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I wish I lived closer to Phoenix. Full Race has made a ton of parts for the F150 3.5L. I'd love to hand them my Mustang and see how many would fit (coupled with the Super 6 parts). I still think this swap is the way to go. After owning an SHO, I would've loved to have the equivalent power in my Mustang. The Mustang being lighter, better geared, and tuned for handling would make it seem like far more power than it is.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Full Race is hands down one of the best fabricators making parts out there right now. Everything they touch is pure gold.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Full Race is hands down one of the best fabricators making parts out there right now. Everything they touch is pure gold.
And that's exactly why I want to pester them about this. Years ago they mated a S14 Silvia (240SX) with an RB26DETT and kept the AWD system. Been a huge fan since then. The fact that they're jumping all over Ecoboost products makes me very happy.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
As far as I can tell our 3.7's are just boarded out 3.5's. The main problem after the cost is our compression ratio is too high and would need to lower the psi of the boost or change the pistons in our 3.7. I'm no expert
So what would be the safe amount of boost to run, turbo or supercharger?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy2014 View Post
So what would be the safe amount of boost to run, turbo or supercharger?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Boost means nothing. It's just a measurement of restriction between the compressor and cylinder, so with any different compressor (smaller turbo, larger turbo, supercharger...) a given amount of boost will not always result in the same amount of power. So yes, i am being nit picky, but technically your question is "how much power is safe." And that question opens up an entirely different can of worms, but one thing at a time.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Im currentlly working on this swap and a few other guys as well im currently working on my downpipes as backpressure is the main issue im facing the turbos themselves create quite a restriction couple that with cats, resonator, and mufflers and the engine starts chocking above 5k rpm my solution is gasket matching the manifolds and a custom 3' downpipe and exhaust all the way out im also adding meth injection due to the smaller turbos im going to be able to run higer boost than the procharger but when you factor in the diffrence of cfm's the 18psi on these turbos is about 12-14psi with a procharger im still testing to see if thesse turbos will be able to maintaine boost pressure above 5krpm.
Demarianx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demarianx View Post
Im currentlly working on this swap and a few other guys as well im currently working on my downpipes as backpressure is the main issue im facing the turbos themselves create quite a restriction couple that with cats, resonator, and mufflers and the engine starts chocking above 5k rpm my solution is gasket matching the manifolds and a custom 3' downpipe and exhaust all the way out im also adding meth injection due to the smaller turbos im going to be able to run higer boost than the procharger but when you factor in the diffrence of cfm's the 18psi on these turbos is about 12-14psi with a procharger im still testing to see if thesse turbos will be able to maintaine boost pressure above 5krpm.
First and foremost, punctuation is your friend haha. I had to read your post about 2-3 times for it to stick lol.

At any rate, you'll find most stock turbos simply dont have the exhaust side, be it physical AR or turbine restriction, to make it much over that. Most examples i have seen will hold to about 6, but power has peaked well before then, it just hasn't completely fallen off.

Flow mods obviously help, free flowing exhaust, intake, intercooler... all serve to lower the boost the turbo is running (for a given CFM) and improve efficiency, so the more you can do, the better. Also, you may see that boost is falling off, but as the motor spins to higher and higher RPMS, i'd be willing to bet these motors breathe well enough to still make power with less boost. If you're in a good habit of datalogging, log boost and MAF flow vs rpm and see how that looks over 5k, I'd be interested in seeing that.

Another thing you could consider is something like Forced performance, BNR, etc... and see about getting larger wheels (mainly turbine side) in the stock housings? You're talking about spending some money at that point, BUT, if it buys you another 1000+ rpm of power band...
Old 01-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I'm having my 2012 turbos sent off toturbolabofamerica for the housing to be upgraded to fit a larger compressor wheel ill let you know how it works out
Demarianx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:39 PM   #14

Region: Mississippi
My first time adding a turbo and I'm in need of advice. What exactly should I purchase when I twin ecoboost on a 2017 V6, I realize there is info in the site and I've looked just nothing is clear to me. What worked, what exactly do I need to buy and how much/ fast it would be to get finished? Thank you very much in advance for the help. My plan for the Mustang is to look completely stock, but also be pretty rad under the hood but staying close to OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Colemanusn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang