Warranty Void - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #1

Region: New Mexico
Warranty Void

Hello, I am new to this site. I wanted to know if I change the mufflers and put on Borla 11792 mufflers on and a cold air intake will this affect or void the warranty?

Keith
karollins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yes. It will affect the warranty... The factory warranty will no longer cover the air intake nor the mufflers. All of the rest of the car will remain covered under the warranty.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #3

Thanks. The dealer told me that the whole warranty would be voided, but I still want to get the Borla ATAK mufflers and a cold air intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Well it all depends on dealership while some may be cool with mods others will just be a pain. I would think you wouldn't have much issues with just an axleback exhaust like the borla the cai may be a different story because it will directly affect the engine. And although they can't prove that it will hurt the engine I'm sure they would give you a much harder time when the time comes to get repair work on your car. At the end of the day it's your choice to mod or leave everything stock but maybe hold back for a while until you verify with the dealership on the parts they will allow and won't and ask them for proof that a cai or an axleback would affect warranty. If you don't like what you hear change dealerships although for some people I realize the next dealership is far away from their home.
rubyredv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #5

Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyredv6 View Post
Well it all depends on dealership while some may be cool with mods others will just be a pain. I would think you wouldn't have much issues with just an axleback exhaust like the borla the cai may be a different story because it will directly affect the engine. And although they can't prove that it will hurt the engine I'm sure they would give you a much harder time when the time comes to get repair work on your car. At the end of the day it's your choice to mod or leave everything stock but maybe hold back for a while until you verify with the dealership on the parts they will allow and won't and ask them for proof that a cai or an axleback would affect warranty. If you don't like what you hear change dealerships although for some people I realize the next dealership is far away from their home.
Yes, I bought this 2011 Mustang from a Chevy dealership and this is an extended warranty. I will contact the warranty company and ask them. Thank you for the response.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
If you get a CAI and mufflers that don't require a tune you can always swap them if the car needs to go in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-13-2017, 03:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Read the fine print on that warranty, some of them putting other than the OEM replacement in on any part voids it.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:26 AM   #8
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
don't worry about it...extended wttys normally won't cover anything anyways.

in all seriousness I would do those mods and consider saving the orig parts to put back on if needed (as mentioned by Parker). Note the no tune needed part for CAI's.

newbies are expected to post pics...Welcome to Mevo

Mud
Old 01-13-2017, 06:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by karollins1 View Post
Hello, I am new to this site. I wanted to know if I change the mufflers and put on Borla 11792 mufflers on and a cold air intake will this affect or void the warranty?

Keith
Your 2011 Mustang is out of warranty anyway, why worry about it ?
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:21 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
He said he purchased an aftermarket extended warranty, which are mostly useless anyway....
Old 01-13-2017, 06:42 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Not necessarily true. I bought my 2011 in 2015 certified used from a Ford dealer. Still good on powertrain until 100K or this September.

An intake shouldn't void your warranty unless it requires a tune. Some dealerships may argue it will, but they're typically wrong. Unless your MAF changes due to your intake and somehow you end up running lean. Find a better dealership.

I have never heard of a dealership denying a warranty claim due to mufflers (axle-back). It makes little to no impact on the motor aside from sound. I'd be shocked if this held up.

Obviously your aftermarket parts won't be covered under warranty by a dealer. Your old (removed) parts may no longer be covered as well. Ultimately that's Ford's decision.

As for "aftermarket" warranty...who knows?
Old 01-13-2017, 06:48 AM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Mug has a good point about if one dealership gives you grief to find a better dealership. This will be valid both for dealership and aftermarket ones. How they write up the claim matters.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
If axlebacks and a non tune CAI voids the warranty, that's pretty sad.. If that's the case, larger wheels and tires probably do as well..

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:11 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My extended warranty covered a new transmission and a/c compressor. Defiantly got my monies worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang