Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Buying v6

5K views 54 replies 32 participants last post by  CycloneS197 
#1 ·
Will I be happy with the 2014 v6 or will I get bored I driven a gt fox and a 2001 v6 but I want something new I found this deal but want to know how you like them

Sent from my LGLS992 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#31 ·
I have had my 2012 v6 for almost 2 years and I still enjoy driving it every day. It is what you make of it. If you like working on the car there is a lot you can do with it, and a lot to learn. If you want v8 power without having to do anything a GT might be better for you. You can't go wrong with either choice. I am enjoying my projects and get a great deal of satisfaction when I complete a project.

#32 ·
Well I can tell you that a 3.7 V6 will be way quicker than an 01 v6 and the fox body GT (if it was stock). They are damn good little engines and it's too bad Ford is pulling them for 2018.

If you're a V8 guy at heart like I am just get a V8. MPG's won't be that far off and you'll be happier in the end. But if you don't need the V8 definitely consider the 3.7. Best plan is to get out there and test drive a couple and go from there.

It's certainly not a penalty engine like they used to be.

#35 ·
Hi BostonSoxFan3,
I did a 13.3 with only a Magnaflow exhaust, An AieAid CAI an aluminum driveshaft and a rear axle brace. "NO TUNE"
My friend Tony has been in the mid 12's with his 2012 V6 with a tune, CAI, Aluminum driveshaft, Traction bars and street slicks.
The night I ran I let air out of the back tires, Pumped up the front tires ((( DID "NOT"" ))) run through the water, 87 Octane gas from BJ's
Tony did get into the very high 11's one Cold night up in Gainesville, He has a Manual with 3.73 rear.
Both of our Mustangs are our Daily driver street cars and I don't know about Tony but I get 24 to 26 around town and 31 on the highway.
I only ran that one time to see how my car would do, I really don't race or autocross anymore but I still like a nice crisp feel to my Mustang.
I have it with this one.
Ronnie

#37 ·
He only did it once and I was not there but Tony don't lie. The night he ran when I did, He did a 13.1.
He did a lot more to his car since then, He was at Bradenten not long ago and was in the low 12's.
Ronnie

#43 ·
I called Tony and he confirmed he did a 11.970 at Gainesville that night but could not repeat the run. The rest of the night he could not get out of the low 12's.
At Bradenton he was doing a pretty consistent 12's .
I'm sure there are a few on this forum from Florida that has seen a Black on Black 2012 Mustang at the various drag strips such as Orlando speed world, Gainesville , Bradenton that I know of.
At one time he had flat black stripes over the top but took them off a while ago.
The strips here in Florida are at Sea level and if you get a nice chilly night with a little dampness in the air you think your driving someone else's car.
I really can't drag race anymore because of lack of $$$$ and bad health but I would bet $$$$ I could get my car into the high 12's consistently.
fifty years ago I was actively drag racing at Cecil County MD. Atco, York US30, and others drag strips on the east coast,
In 66 I had a 427 Corvette with a Grumpy Bill Jenkins tuned engine that did a 10.88 at 143 at Cecil County drag strip with slicks the first time out.
Yes, those were the best days for me "EVER"
Before that I had a 65 Mustang notchback with a Hi-Performance 271 that I had Billy McDual redo that would run 13 flat with street tires and I won more money street racing with that car then you would believe possible.
I'm 74 and broke and not the best of health now but I still have that 16 year old brain. I still love fast cars and Harley Davidson's but appreciate the Jap bikes that turn in the 9's and 10's and still run on the streets.
I feel bad for you young people because you will never ever know how cool it was to live in the late 50's - 60's and early 70's.
Ronnie

#44 ·
There is so much available for these V6's, performance wise, I believe it. On a naturally aspirated car that's probably the limit, but the right tires, in the right conditions...I could see it. Not much of a straight line guy myself, but I can appreciate it.

The ability to work on and enhance these V6's is exactly what drew me to them. That damn BMW my wife had was killing me 1 issue at a time. With this car I can do all the work on it, and I can enhance it to what ever level I (she) like, plus I already have most of the tools to do it.

#45 ·
I'm pretty much done.

I'm as far as I want to go in the engine/suspension on my MCA, There are a few things I will get if I ever get the money. Cosmetics to make it look better if that is possible.
Ronnie

Attachments

#47 ·
same here. I've got a V6 premium but when I wanna smoke noobs I just hit up my garage and pick my 67 gt500, 70 Chevelle 454 ls6, or my 96 viper gts................... and then i wake up.

#54 ·
Whats up man, I have had my V6 for close to 4 years. The car has rarely given me any problems. But after having it for about a year i wish i would have gone with the V8 and have gotten it stick. If you can afford the upgrade go with the V8 you will not regret it. If the V6 is what you want and you dont care much about power, it has enough to get up and going when you need it too. But if you ever get in a V8 and drive it you wont want your V6 anymore lol

#55 ·
One day if I get tired of my V6 being the way it is, a nice supercharger kit will get married to the engine and we will give them V8s a run for their money. For now, my car is fast enough and even if I get it up to 400+hp blah blah... there will always be someone faster than me. It's not how fast you get there, but how much fun you have getting there... just my opinion. But don't get me wrong.... V8s are fun too. I like the lighter front end and better MPG with my V6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.