Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Getting Swirls Out of Side Mirror Glass?

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  ab_mach1 
#1 ·
Has anyone had experience/success in getting swirl marks out of the side mirrors (the actual glass part)? Any suggestions here?

It's driving my OCD crazy!

#3 ·
Really. Someone used a buffer with cleaning compound on it ? Good luck and post back on how you fixed it :)

#7 ·
#10 ·
If all else fails I purchased a new mirror, after I tore mine off backing out of the garage, and it was $77 plus $9 shipping from Parts Geek. My car is black so I did not have to pay anything extra for a color, and as I remembered you may have to if you need something other than black. Snap off the inside plastic cover and remove 3 bolts and an electrical connection to remove it; my car is a 2012. Very easy to do, takes about 10 minutes.

#11 ·
I once removed a scratch from my windshield using toothpaste. It came out almost completely but it was a pretty big scratch from a rock and it made it nearly invisible. I assume since it's just swirls the toothpaste should do a pretty good job. It has to be the right kind of toothpaste though with abrasives in it to really polish it up. A google search should help you out.

#12 ·
Believe it or not, I used Mother's Aluminum and Mag Wheel Polish --- but any metal polish with VERY light abrasive will work. Don't use very much and three applications rubbing lightly until gone -- then reapply, should take out the scratches.
Try your method on a small corner first --- and use the softest towel you have --- NOT paper towels or shop towels.

#14 ·
My wife put some light scratches on a new bathroom mirror by using paper towels. I used Meguiar's cleaner wax wiped off with a microfiber towel, it removed the scratches :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.