Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Just ordered new summer tread

4K views 59 replies 8 participants last post by  Spykexx 
#1 ·
I had previously settled on the all-season G-Force Comp-2, but after further research I landed on the Firehawk Indy 500 summer tire. These get STELLAR reviews all over the interweb and cost over $50 less per tire than the G-Force.

Now I have to wait a few weeks to put them on my summer wheels but when I do I will be sure to give some feedback on here!

#19 ·
+1

Probably going with DTD also and NItto G2's. Can't wait to try 315's on the rears!

#7 ·
I got my summers (conti DW) in the barn. they were clearance sale priced. When I called to confirm they came in the shop said "I'm glad you called, I was wondering if there was a mistake. We don't normally sell those in winter"

I kinda forgot what new tread looks like compared to my OEM Pirellis (summers that I had on for about 20K. The air wasn't showing through but they were more like slicks than treads.

nice day toy doesn't see rain

#9 ·
I had the Comp 2s on a previous vehicle and they were the best summer tires I've ever owned. Can't speak to the ones you got.

#12 ·
Tirerack is where Ive gotten all my tires for the past 5 years. They have awesone customer service and you can't beat the selection. Ive even bought 2 sets of wheels from them. Ive found their tire ratings to be spot in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#16 ·
Discount Tire Direct is good too but their sports tire selection is not great. Their service is awesome tho... HOWEVER... I have a really really really REALLY good tire shop near me, the guy will match tirerack prices factoring in installation and shipping and does free lifetime rotations and is just an all around good dude.

#22 ·
Errrr, style? Yes, but they are very small in their choices in sizing. Not to mention, at $50 per tire...you get what you pay for. A performance tire with 500 treadwear at $50? Maybe for a moped lol.

Their performance lineup is Falken, not Ohtsu. Same brand different style. Different sides of the auto realm. Now Falken does make some good tires if you're under 285 width.

There's a reason you haven't seen the tires around or can't really find any info on them haha.

#24 ·
you guys must be rich having all these tires and wheels... here I am contemplating maybe spending like 1400 on a set of black rims with tires...

#25 ·
Never feel bad for spending within your means! As long as you're happy with the set that's all that matters. Honestly at the end of the day it's the rubber that really matters, not the wheels (Until you're going for LW). I got my Vossen's for a steal luckily. No way I could have afforded $749 a wheel + $800 on tires at the moment.

#28 ·
Nice Hawk! I picked up the blemishes Steeda Spyders for $650. I can't buy tires u til I sell my current wheels/tires. No riches here! Lol

#29 · (Edited)
my plans just to do a wheel/tire package with TPMS monitors through AM..seems the easiest, carefree way. the ones i want are the black laguna seca ones, and for the all season tires, its like 1400 bucks. i just don't know if i wanna drop that much on the car at once yet lol most i've put down on it was 520 for axlebacks.

good god nevermind, they're 1600. god that seems like such a waste of money hahaha

http://www.americanmuscle.com/blacklaguna-19x9-0513-pirelli-stan.html

#31 ·
my plans just to do a wheel/tire package with TPMS monitors through AM..seems the easiest, carefree way. the ones i want are the black laguna seca ones, and for the all season tires, its like 1400 bucks. i just don't know if i wanna drop that much on the car at once yet lol most i've put down on it was 520 for axlebacks.

good god nevermind, they're 1600. god that seems like such a waste of money hahaha

Black Laguna Seca Style Mustang Wheel & Pirelli Tire Kit - 19x9 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
Honestly, 1600 isn't too bad all things considered. Have you checked out the GT500 style? They have some that are pretty close to the Laguna Seca for a bit of savings so it seems depending on the size you want to go with. Honestly, for a new set I don't know how much cheaper I would feel comfortable with, as you get what you pay for quality wise.

Remember you can use the forum discount code and get them down to 1500. So it's an extra hundred off.

Here's my new wheels waiting to go on!

I'm even playing around with plastidipping the machined face GTHIG.

#30 ·
Lol! That's what I did first. Bought wheel/tire combo from AM for $1300 I think it was. Sold oem for $800. That to me was tolerable. Basically in the same boat again.

#34 ·
those are some sexy rims. damn. yeah i liked the gt500 rims as well, they're probably almost 1400 but I want all season tires which cost more apparently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.