Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Rotors/pads question

1K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Renownedd 
#1 ·
I'm considering upgrading my rotors since my pads are near done... but I have the larger rotors on my mustang and am havibg a hard time searching since standard V6 always pops up. Any advice on how to narrow my search to the larger ones I need? Are mine the same as a 14 GT maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#2 ·
There are only 2 brake sizes that are not Brembo.

12.8" is the standard v6 or the manual performance pack? I think we established the auto PP comes with the same 13.2" as the GT.

13.2" which is the base model GT brakes.

If you upgraded to the larger carrier from the GT, then you use GT rotors.
If you have an auto PP you use GT rotors.
All else uses v6 rotors.

#3 ·
Rockauto sells everything. Use the 5% discount code too.

#6 ·
Just google search for 5% off rockauto code. Ppl on here used to update the forum thread on it... not sure if ppl still do. But they give the codes out for free, you might even get given one after you order from them honestly.

#8 ·
Here, this one is from the forum thread. Good for another 4 days so hurry up!

#9 ·
Also... highly HIGHLY recommend Raybestos rotors and Centric Posi Quiet pads. Absolutely zero brake dust, stop great, no squeaking or anything. I had chrome rims for awhile on my last Mustang with this setup and never had an issue with grime up front ever.

#12 ·
I did not have luck with the "universal" cube, but most part stores will rent you what you need.

This would also be a good time to pull the slide pins out, clean them, and grease them. Only adds a minute or two to each corner, but is good maintenance.

#14 ·
It's $60 to rent the kit from AutoZone. Caliper compressor for front and doubles as a rear brake spin in kit. You get the $60 back when you are done. No reason to buy.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#15 ·
Also yeah get some real good grease for the slide pins.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#22 ·
Yeah first time on a car, only did it on two wheels before. Everything went flawless except the rear caliper pistons where you absolutely need the compressing tool we're talking about. The cube tool is worthless for our cars.

#24 ·
Bought my compression tool from Harbor Freight cheap. Great tool, has every adapter you'll ever need. No need to mess with brake fluid. Fairly straight forward job. Take your time, do one at a time in case you get lost you have the other for reference. Or take a picture before you disassemble, there's always You-Tube also. Go get in there and have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.