Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Traded off my V6...

4K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  jayochs 
#1 ·
After 3 years of road trips and fun, I decided to trade off my 2014 V6 for a 2017 GT. The V6 gave me 50,000+ miles of reliable transportation and enjoyable cross country adventures. The most memorable trip was our Coast-to-Coast run last year, leaving the Atlantic Ocean at Neptune Beach, Florida shortly after midnight on Saturday morning and arriving at the Pacific Ocean in San Diego, California Sunday afternoon... 2372.9 miles in 43 hours and 22 minutes. Earlier this month, the V6 covered 1968.3 miles from the West Coast to the Midwest in 28 hours and 32 minutes. It was a very good road trip car.

However, a certain 2017 GT arrived at a local dealer in January, and it has been on my radar ever since. I am picky about the color, rear end ratio and options I want on my Mustang, and this one was absolutely spot-on... exactly like I had spec'd on the Mustang "Build & Price" page any number of times. I finally decided that it was time to buy it, and traded in my beloved V6.

So, although I will still be reading this V6 section like always, I'll probably start lurking about in the 2015+ GT section as well. But, there is certainly no cylinder snobbery on my part... the V6 Mustang is a superb car, don't let anyone tell you different! I certainly enjoyed every mile I put on mine.

See less See more
#3 ·
Been thinking about doing that also.
I can't believe how fast Mustangs depreciate though. Even top trade value is like giving it away. Mine is not a daily driver & only has 15K miles. May wait till 18s hit the lots & see what incentives are on left over 17 GTs.
Enjoy you new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
haha i keep getting things in the mail from dealers saying they'll offer me like 13k trade in. sigh.

#7 ·
I need to stop reading threads like these lol. We went and got my wife a 2016 CPO Ford Escape Saturday and I almost left in a 2017 Ecoboost or a 2017 V6. They offered me $10,000 for my 2011 V6 with 46,000 miles. Only reason I didn't was I still owe $16,000 on my Mustang (Negative equity from a different trade in when I was in college and way worth it). If the Trade Value and Negative Equity would have balanced itself out, I would have probably pulled the trigger.

#8 ·
if i got 13, I'd only get 8 after paying off remaining loan on it... but I'd only go for a used 14 gt at this point I think which means technically I could take another loan and do it.. but meh

#9 ·
I love my Ecoboost and unlike the 14 V6 I had, I can't seem to find anything wrong with it. So I can't see me trading this one in for anything other than a GT but that would be after I pay off both my Escape and the Mustang which will be a little while lol. Heck between the two payments I probably could afford a GT350 ugh kinda scary when I think about it.

#10 ·
Hi Stering, Congratulations on the new GT, I'm sure you will love it as much as your ole V6.
Shadetree, your wrong on depreciation, I had my 2012 MCA for sale for one million dollars for a very long time and I still want one million dollars for it. The price has not gone down one cent.
Ronnie

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Hi Stering, Congratulations on the new GT, I'm sure you will love it as much as your ole V6.
Shadetree, your wrong on depreciation, I had my 2012 MCA for sale for one million dollars for a very long time and I still want one million dollars for it. The price has not gone down one cent.
Ronnie

#11 ·
I traded my 14 Cyclone and regret it to this day. But the 16 GT is nice so far.

#15 ·
Thanks, everyone. I'm sure I will enjoy the V8 once it is broken in, but I will miss the gas mileage of the V6.

Fair question. I haven't taken a lot of pics so far, but I suppose if you've seen one Magnetic Metallic S550, you've seen them all... :cool:

#24 ·
I haven't driven a 5.0 (once it gets nice out, I will change that) but I am really enjoying my 3.7L. Roommate has a 6.2L Camaro and if I ever what that V8 feeling, I can go for a ride in her car or even drive the sumb*tch. My Mustang, to me, it's like a BIC pen. It's been around since I was a kid, It's not the best and most expensive but it sure is smooth and works every time you use it until you run out of ink/petrol. Ya not the best analogy but you catch my drift :)

My V6 scares me enough and I don't see the need to upgrade to a V8. I owned a 5.9L Magnum V8 before my Mustang and I don't miss the 9MPG lol but I miss the torque a bit.

Nice car you got there though.... and as far as police detection goes, I am running a Valentine1 with the bluetooth add on so I can run the GPS off of my phone. I also run WAZE. I have been saved several times but I did get pulled over and the cop wasn't running me, he was just behind me lol ooooops. But it was Christmas night and he was aware I was a conceal carrier (as soon as he came to my window, I gave him my licenses) and saw the G19 and was cool about everything and let me go with a verbal warning lol... thanks officer! it also helped when I told him what I do lol....

Get yourself an oil catch can too while you are at it with the mods... one of my fav. mods... JLT 3.0!

Deuces!

#27 ·
Hey James,
Since your from Missouri ( The Show Me State) Send me the Fob to your new Mustang and I will show you that you can get across America without fear of running out of gas.I will need a plane ticket from Florida to pick up your ride along with a credit card for me and Mario's expenses.
I will "NOT" charge for this service,
Ronnie

#28 ·
Ronnie, I appreciate the kind offer to demonstrate the new Mustang's transcontinental capabilities, but I already have plans to do that myself with a co-driver sometime later this year. I can't reveal the exact date nor the start and finish locations at this time, but I will be sure to post about it after the run. :angel:

But, if for some reason my co-driver can't do it, I'll get in touch with you... :thumb:

#29 ·
Hey James

Forget about Ronnie
I'll go with you.
Mario

Attachments

#31 ·
He got it all figured out, He makes me go along to shift gears, All he does is steer,
His biggest problem is he can't get past a rest area.
I know he can't read but he sure can spot a rest area one mile sign.
Ronnie

#38 ·
I started keeping track of the V6's mileage starting when it was brand new and continued to do so the entire time I owned it using Fuelly. Here is the total gas mileage history of it for 50,017 miles.

It averaged 25.2 MPG over the entire time. If you go to the bottom of the page, you can click on the "View All Fillups" link and it will show you the stats for every tank of gas, starting with the last fillup, and also shows you any notes that I made about the fillup or trip. Looks like any incriminating evidence in the notes is past the statue of limitations... :dance:

I'll be doing the same for the GT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.