Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Starter issue with 2012 V6

Tags
2012 v6
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Top Down 
#1 ·
Researching an issue on a friends 2012 V6 Mustang. Car will start normally, but seems to "hang up" or keeps trying to engage the starter making horrible noises.

Problem seems to be intermittent and typically happens at cold start... in the mornings.

I have not had a chance to witness the issue first hand, but based on the reported issue, I assumed it was the solenoid on the starter that's is hanging up..

Any other thoughts or experience with this before we jump to replacing the starter?

BTW: Is this Starter as hard to get to as the one on my '04 cobra 4.6?

#3 ·
I will check out the battery voltage as soon as I can. I have a feeling that its the starter solenoid..

#4 ·
The starter on my 2012 is making an awful banging noise. Lights come on, but the engine doesn't catch. I don't think this is a common problem with these cars.

#5 ·
I'd put my money on batt voltage and/or solenoid/Bendix too.

#6 ·
I agree I probably need both. Original Batt in 2012. never heard a car sound like a hammer hitting a piece of tin before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.