Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2011 Mustang Door Ajar Light

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bob0w 
#1 ·
Hey all. My 2011 has the door ajar switch always on now. I went out to my car to leave work and it just happened with no warning or anything. Now my light is always on, the display always says drivers door ajar, the dome lights stay on for awhile and the window wont go all the up and seal since it thinks the door is open. I have replaced the door latch and at first it worked. but the next time i got in the car it was messed up again. I disconnected the battery when i replaced the latch so I'm guessing the sensor reset for a second but then messed up again. Ford shows a door ajar switch for my car as well as auto parts stores, but I can't seem to find it anywhere and there is no information online. Anyone run into this before? I would like to get it fixed since my window wont roll up all the way.
Thanks.

#3 ·
No. Still messed up and have no idea what could be wrong. I think I am just going to take it to Ford and tell them to fix it so that when it messes up again it's on them. I replaced the latch twice and it work for the first time i close my door. After that it just goes back to saying door ajar.

#5 ·
The WD-40 shouldn't work since these are brand new latches I am replacing it with. I haven't found any relay for the door switch either. The latch will work for the first time that I shut the door then it will just mess up again when i go back out to my car later and open the door.

#6 ·
Did you ever get this fixed? I’m having a similar issue. My 2011 Mustang doesn’t know the door is ajar. I replaced the latch thinking that’s what told the car the door was open but nothing changed. I also seen auto parts stores sell door ajar switches but according to the documentation I found it’s suppose to be apart of the door latch. Hopefully I can get some help here if not I guess I’ll have to suck it up and take it to Ford.
Font Material property Screenshot Number Document

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.