Mustang Evolution Forum banner

SCT Tuner Stolen?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Hawkstang 
#1 ·
So about a month ago I had my car broken into and now I can't find my tuner. I'm not sure if it was stolen or just misplaced, but worst case scenario it's gone. Now, what are my options? It's currently tuned and want to install 3.73 gears and I also need to return it to stock in order to Smog it here in California next year. Could I get a new tuner and just use that? Please help:(

#2 ·
you will most likely need to contact sct to unlock it. Your stock tune is stored on the stolen unit I believe so you will have to get it restored from a flat file or have a shop with IDS overwrite your existing tune with a factory one.

#4 ·
I think something like $150 through sct, if youcan find a shop that has IDS prob like $80 to update the pcm.

#7 ·
I'm sorry to hear about the break in, that is one aweful feeling. And I'm not trying to rub dirt in the wound when I say this, but this is the very reason I back up my factory tune to my computer. Good lesson for all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.