Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Door panel "mustang" lights not working

7K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  Hawkstang 
#1 ·
Anyone have this happen? Fuse or did installing the light sequencer have something to do with it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#2 ·
I hope you have just a blown fuse. Everything still works on mine but, I have the ones made by Diode Dynamics :whistling:

#4 · (Edited)
If everything else is working, I'm afraid the whole door sill has messed up. If your still under warranty, your Ford dealer will replace it for free. Mine wouldn't change colors, my dealer changed the whole unit with a new one. Mine was under warranty and was free. I have no idea how much they would charge but I bet it would be a lot :(

#6 ·
Your door sills light up ? The word Mustang ? Mine does. You can also change the colors of the word Mustang. If you make your dash lights (for example) red. The word Mustang on the door sills will change to red.

Since both of your door sills stopped lighting up, I would think it is a blown fuse somewhere. I looked in the owners manual and couldn't find a fuse for the door sills :(

#8 ·
Yes. Are they factory or after market? Mine are what ever color I pick for the dash lights (speedometer, tach etc.)

#10 ·
Factory means, something added to the Mustang as it rolls down the assembly line. Did your Mustang come with the door sills when it was being assembled in Michigan? On my 2011 it was part of the Premium package (I think).

#19 ·
It gripes my butt that you buy a brand new car and something does not work right from the get-go. Being Canadian, my Mustang GT premium 'vert, taxes in was $60 000 and something needs repair? It's like planning a World's Fair to get the vehicle in and repaired. Then the part needs to be ordered, back again. I foolishly expected better. I'm a big Ford fan, but it is ever so annoying...and unnecessary.

#20 ·
Well they worked, just didnt change colors.

Im with you Luc, the problem is that nearly all car companies have gone to pot. They crank these things with a million parts on them without a care in the world. That wouldn't bother me if the service centers weren't an absolute joke.

Undertrained and underpaid techs, rude idiots at the counter... it scares the hell out of me taking my car in for anything!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#21 ·
I would check if maybe the cup holder and the rest of the ambient lighting was working. Did those ever change color for you. Make sure that the Footwell lights door lights and rear passenger lights all work because I would think that they would all be tied in somehow to change color and if so then it should just be one fuse for all of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.