Mustang Evolution Forum banner

HID Kit

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Revvv 
#1 ·
Cant seem to find an HID kit, what do yall recommend from good experience?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
What do yall recommend to get? Lets say i do get some, would i be able to make them brighter? I have some headlight tint coming in and want something that would be bright enough for the light to pass through.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#9 ·
Not necessarily. I wanted the look of tinted fog lights on my truck. However, I wanted the lights to be fully functional. I used a clear, Euro style, smoked light with the brightest bulb I could find. My fog lights had a great color to them, and were somehow as bright as my headlights.

#10 ·
Sorry for the kinda non contributive post to the original question, but I am interested in this as well. What are the differences between stock, projector and HID? I know HID is like the brightest thing you can get. I have also considered the tinted light look but was put off by my night time driving being impaired.

I am looking for something that is not necessarily the brightest thing under the sun but something that will go a long distance, I would think that would mainly depend on the bulb design and not the housing but please correct me if I am wrong.

I have a 2011 v6 base model

#11 ·
Short answer? Get a set of good Philips bulbs. Xtreme Powers are really good. The whole HID/LED craze is kinda ridiculous IMO. A well designed latemodel OEM housing with a high quality halogen bulb is MORE than bright enough for any application.

And yes, people who put HID "kits" in stock housings should have their cars impounded on the spot or at least a 48 hour fix it ticket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.