Status
Not open for further replies.

Speeding tickets.

7K views 149 replies 27 participants last post by  Strange Mud 
#1 ·
What's you guys' worst ticket ever?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#10 ·
$50 speeding ticket. Picture taken by a camera on a pole :(. Speed camera has been removed because of being ruled 'illegal'. Will never see my $50 again :(

My wife got a $200 ticket in Ohio this past summer in our 2014 Edge :)

#20 ·
All I did was drive the wrong way on a one way street. I told the officer that I was only driving one way. Apparently he didn't find the same humor that I did. Being from out of town didn't help.

What would, and should have been a simple citation became a few years of court house chess. I wanted a simple wrong way on a one way charge. At the end of the day I got that and reckless driving. Oh, and a few years worth of court costs (I kept continuing things in hopes I would get a different judge, or the officer would quit).

Lesson learned. I know how to read street signs now.

#12 ·
Got pulled over for going 73 in a 65 but ticketed for 78 in a 65 (my wife was there and we couldn't believe it). He got me coming off a turn right after I sped up to pass a semi before the turn and a hill.

I was driving my parents car home from our family Christmas and couldn't find the registration, so I called my parents who were in a car with my younger brother. He was pulled over by the sheriff for going 94 in a 65 and got a warning, mine was a state trooper.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#16 ·
i was 16 in my 1997 thunder bird lx v8 (freakn monster, i still miss her :( ) and i got clocked doing 82 in a 45. the officer was going the opposite way on a divided 4 lane road and he did a 180 skid at a break in the median and flew up behind me. scared the **** outta my 16 year old self haha. had to do defensive driving and could only drive to school and work for 6 months. daymn fuzz, always ruining the fun. he should have thanked me, i was in complete control :angel: hahaha
:mustang:

#21 ·
So my officer didn't give me reckless driving since I was respectful. I just got a ticket for 62 over with no arrest or impound of my car (102 in a 40). What do you think my punishment will be? I've never been in any trouble with cops and I can pass a drug test. Im also a minor. Im expecting to lose my license, community service, giant fee. What do y'all think?

#29 ·
When I was 17, I got pulled over in a 98 Eclipse GSX, the speedometer was reading around 143 MPH when he kicked his lights on, the officer was parked just off the highway behind an old farm shed. I was already slowing down for some curves that were coming up (speedo had been to 160 just a few seconds prior) and I had such a lead on the cop that I was thinking I could just get away, then I decided against that and made a turn at the next road and got off the highway and sat with my emergency flashers on. After about 40 seconds, he pulls up behind me notably frustrated. I already have everything out and ready and the only thing he asks is "How fast were you going?" My reply was "Fast enough not to look at the speedometer." He said, "Good answer, whatever you would have said would have been written on your ticket. You were flying, had to be doing well over 100 MPH but I didn't get a read on you so I don't know what number to write. I did notice that you didn't use your turn signal and your license plate light is out, so I'm going to write you up for that." I said "Yes sir, I will fix the light and make sure I use my turn signal." For the record, I used my turn signal, he was just so far behind he couldn't have seen it.

Anyways, what could have ended with me going to jail even at 17, losing my license for likely ever and having a massive ticket, ended up costing me nothing but would have been $178. I found out who the judge was for my ticket and it was my grandparents best friend. I went in and talked to him and explained what happened without getting into the speeding part and he through the ticket out as the officer was not present to dispute the claims and it happened at like 4 A.M.

I lucked out on that one. My fastest actual ticket has been 102 in 55.

#33 ·
4 lane road, 45 mph speed zone, was doing a 105mph. Cop and I locked eyes....very briefly. He was coming towards me. A little turn around 1/8 of a mile down the road for the cop. I stayed on it ....my company garage was a mile away. Pulled it in side and stayed put for a hour. Went out in the yard watched the state boy go up and down the road looking....haha, I was in a 1977 Pontiac trans am! NO TICKET!

#38 ·
I got lucky with my Reckless charge. My license is safe. It helps to be an adult, have good representation, and pay the fines.

It still sucks. Stupid one way street. I should have grabbed for a nice burn out in hindsight.

#43 ·
I hate to be a curmudgeon, but if you're going 35+ over the speed limit on a public road you deserve to get your license revoked. You're obviously too much of an asshat to have one.

Most people live within driving distance of a track, so go to a test and tune and let 'er rip.

Max, Franklin, TN is about 45 minutes away from Music City.

/end rant

Instagram: workshardplayshard

#45 ·
My favorite thing to say to people is this; "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes". This person played the game and is waiting for the award. There is no reason to beat Max over the head. There is enough negativity going on in that teenage mind.

What was done was irresponsible, and it could have ended much worse. Luckily this ends with traffic citations and not homicide charges.

I'm pretty sure you have made mistakes in your life. We are all human.

#44 ·
Do not worry about the things you cannot change. Worry does nothing. You cannot change the past, but you can grow from it.

I hate to hear people say that things could be worse. Things could always be worse. That being said; prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

The judge will likely give you a chance to speak. At that time tell the judge that this has been a reality check and a learning experience. Be respectful and ask what options you have that may reduce the impact of your actions.

You will could get to go to defensive driving school, possibly sit through a MADD class (despite not drinking), get a bit of community service, and pay a fine that comes with a temporary loss of you licence. I don't know what all of the options are, but you are a minor. The positive is that you are a minor. Later in life you can have this record sealed. This is far from the end of the world.

#48 ·
I can promise you that a large majority of the members on this forum are guilty of speeding. Some more than others.

Did I ever mention that I used to grudge race motorcycles? Did I ever break any laws in regard to speed? It is possible? I may have even broken a noise violation.

Bill Clinton and Obama both smoked pot. Clinton was technically impeached for the Monica Lewinsky scandal. G.W. Bush was an admitted alcoholic at some point.

We all have a past. Learn from your mistakes and grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.