Mustang Evolution Forum banner

pmas cai tune required

6K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
I just installed this cai I haven't got my tune in for it but I tried to start my car after I put it on and it idled rough and sounded like it wanted to die is it because I need to right tune or did I not install it right
Thanks in advance

#2 ·
It's tune required for a reason. A larger diameter maf housing can cause what you're describing. You need to wait for the tune.

#6 ·
Not gonna pile-on the beating.

You definitely need to understand that the Tune is part of the CAI install.

Kind of like installing a wheel and leaving off the lug nuts. Either run the the stock CAI/Stock Tune or the Aftermarket CAI/Aftermarket Tune for the CAI.

1/2 & 1/2 gets you... Well, what you got...

Fix it!

#7 ·
Too much air, not enough fuel, engine PCM can't deal with it.
You have to get a tune, otherwise it simply won't work.

#8 · (Edited)
Duplicate.
But seriously, Volt Wing, Grabber, do you REALLY need to be so arrogant?

#22 ·
Chirp Out....

For someone who has a limited amount of posts and surely a limited amount of experience perhaps you should be seen and not heard!

Try EXPERIENCE instead of ARROGANCE.

#11 ·
If you can Volt Wings post on the issue it has awesome info.

#12 ·
This is why we have **** like Windex having warnings to not use it to clean contact lenses...

Tune required=tune required. Not sure what the hell you think that means besides you need a tune...

#14 ·
Its not even that, its following basic directions. This would be like me taking the directions that came with my IRS brace that say "torque to 25 ft lbs" and then just not use a torque wrench and then come on here and be like "hey I blew out the threads on my diff, didn't use a torque wrench but what could have caused that"? Sorry, long ago have I ran out of patience tolerance for #faceplain questions.

#18 ·
The C&L cai I use is sold as a "no tune required" cai :)

#24 ·
I googled it too.:cry:

#26 ·
Did Google make a joke when you ask the question? I've had it make a joke when I was looking up anagrams. It asked me if I ment "nag a ram?" On topic my screen name is an anagram in case you're ever bored enough to look it up.

plz excuse typos..sxtng n drving

#42 ·
How to Click on a Link.....

First purchase a New CAI, one that requires a tune. Then install CAI, start car, wait (which won't take long), turn off car. Turn on computer and contact 3.7 silvrbullet and wait for a reply. :thumb:

#40 ·
You guys use the same computer? My machine is mine. Not getting into it without my 8 digit PIN.

#41 ·
That's what the DNC thought. Another round of Vodka please. :drinkingbuddy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.