Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Mpt tunes

7K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  jayochs 
#1 ·
Going to take advantage of the 3 tunes from mpt instead of going with just one, besides performance tune, what other 2 would be good. Going with 93, and not interested in race tune.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#2 ·
I would make use of the race tune, I found that I ended up ising that tune over petgormance while commuting, ended up being more useful.

See if he can do an eco mode too for trips.

#4 ·
I had 87 economy, 93 performance, and 93 performance w/ghost cam. I mostly used the 87 economy and was very happy with it. My car had only bolt-ons and it still would break loose if I wasn't careful.

#5 ·
i got it when they had 50 bucks off for black friday deal...i got the 87 economy (which is awfully slow so i've used it once and never again..) 87 performance and 91 performance. i run the 87 perf now, but with 91 in it...and that's because running the 87 perf with 87 makes my engine knock like all hell, and running the 91 perf with 91 makes my engine knock even worse. somethings up with those tunes, but yeah, i have to use a grade higher than what the tune is for to not get any knock.

#7 ·
Recently got a MPT 91 Performance tune. I don't know if things change over time but it seems to outperform the 93 Performance tune ghost cam that I have been running for the past year. Just the butt Dyno. I also updated my x4 tuner at the same time .

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#10 ·
I've run MPT for three years now and never had an issue once. I went with them on the 5.0 and it outrun my Lund tune at the track, as well as my Bama tune on the 3.7. Mike has been the one doing my tunes i think.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

I've run MPT for three years now and never had an issue once. I went with them on the 5.0 and it outrun my Lund tune at the track, as well as my Bama tune on the 3.7. Mike has been the one doing my tunes

#12 ·
I've run MPT for three years now and never had an issue once. I went with them on the 5.0 and it outrun my Lund tune at the track, as well as my Bama tune on the 3.7. Mike has been the one doing my tunes i think.

dude, follow you on youtube, great channel. but can you check out my above post? you seem to know your **** so maybe you could give me some insight.

Reactions: 3SevenStangVids
#11 ·
so you guys running MPT NEVER once had knocking issues? are any of you a manual? like, i can't run my 91 tune on 91 or it knocks like CRAZY. i can't run 87 tune on 87 or it knocks like crazy. i'm running my 87 with 91 gas in it and i still get a SLIGHT knock sometimes at low rpms. i don't understand why my car isn't like any of yours lol

#14 ·
I get a knocking noise too ( manual) but its not engine knock, most likely its the throw out bearing so I've heard, others have complained about it. Should hear it on the ghost cam tune, sounds like its ready to explode lol. Had that noise in my last one never became an issue. Datalogged with their 93 tune and everything looked perfect.

#13 ·
Never seen anyone with knock issues on these tunes . Strange. If you're still having issues maybe its an inconsistency in the fuel you're getting ?? Have you contacted them about it ? I'm surprised with how many 3.7 tunes theyve done that this would even be an issue. Contact them and let them know see if they want to datalog. Of all the people on the facebook groups with their tuning this is the first I've heard of this being an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.