Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Loose Rocker Panel Moulding

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  edwgrafe 
#1 ·
Dear community,

My driver side rocker panel moulding is loose, thats why I removed them to see what's wrong.

As you can see, after the hidden clips were all broken some one has glued the whole panel onto the chassis, but the glue didn't hold it for long...

The original clips are unavailable at Ford but I am wondering if I anyway can use these (or alternatives) or if my inner side of the panel moulding is damaged in a way that I can't replace the hidden clips anyway..

At Google I couldn't find any photo showing the correct inner side. I don't want to remove the other side of my car to avoid breaking any working clips.

Can anybody check from my photos if new hidden clips could be set in place or if I should simply use better glue as the former owner already tried?

Thanks for your help

Simon

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
They also sell new rocker panels :)

#4 ·
Also check out Clipsandfasteners.com. They have a dizzying selection of automotive clips, bolts, etc.

#6 ·
troubles

On my '05, if the built into the rocker molding clips are damaged, broken, I have found that no amount of glue will last....the pressure from putting the clips into the body holes allows the stiff glue to fracture. The only recourse was to replace...fortunately, I was able to find a set of sonic blues to just swap out.

#10 ·
Try a different Ford dealer or a 'good' body shop, they 'should' be able to order the hardware and the rocker panel if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.