Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2007 GT 500 Battery Change Out

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  tym_v6 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I Need to replace my Battery in my 07 GT 500, the battery is a 2012 model year Ford Battery.

Besides the radio reset...what else do I need to keep in mind when doing this change out?

I have changed batteries on 1970 Thru 1998 Mustangs before,...but never on a GT 500.

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated!

Thank you!

#8 · (Edited)
It's basically a mini battery charger. You plug it into the OBD2 and it supplies power to all the computers in the car while the battery is being swapped. Some computers are delicate and are touchy if they do not have proper voltage. Euro cars are especially bad about this.
I'll take a photo of our tool when I get to work this morning.

Pick your poison.

#5 ·
Recon replied to me: Keeping the proper power supplied to the computer while the battery is being changed out. It appears......making sure this is addressed properly before the battery changeout takes place will insure a successful outcome....that's how I understood it. I am going to talk to my local Ford dealer here in The Columbus, Ohio area...they have a Shelby / Roush mechanic on staff...I am thankful this forum exists....there are many many smart and knowledgeable Mustang owners on Mustang Evolution.....🙌✨

#6 ·
The radio settings and maybe the clock is all you have to reset after changing a battery :)

#7 ·
Recon fixes cars for a living.....I fix machines. I would just swap it out and as whenever I disconnect batteries I make sure the window is rolled down and I'm aware that the horn/alarm may sound when doing it other than that I wouldn't worry.

Recon does know more than I do about cars but I still would just go for it. idk But I doubt the Ford dealer does anything different than I would.

Welcome to Mevo

Mud

#14 ·
You may want to go to Advance Auto if there is one near you and they have a battery you want. If you purchase the batter there they install the new one for you right in the parking lot, they use a keep alive memory tool, clean the terminal connections, then they keep your old battery. All free and done in under 10 minutes. Had mine done this past week and the tech was very careful + respectful of my car.

As i read this back i want to clarify i am in no way affiliated with advance auto....just a happy customer!

#15 · (Edited)
I just swapped mine out like Mud mentioned...no problems. I put in an Odyssey AGM battery while I was at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.