Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2014 V6 auto- Stability Control issues?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  caffein3 
#1 ·
As I was driving down the road today, (~35mph, clear, dry, sunny), my stability control icon randomly turned on and my car started pulling to the left. Luckily there was no one around me and I was able to pull over in time. Restarted the car, the icon went away, and it drove off fine. I brought it right to the dealer.

Last week, both the stability control and another icon that looked similar were illuminated. They went off on their own, but my car didn't act weird that time so I didn't think anything of it.

I have been trying to research this issue but can't seem to find an answer. Just dropped it off at the dealer, waiting to hear back on what they find, if anything...Figured I'd see if anyone else had any similar issues and what you did to remedy the problem?

I just replaced all brake pads- idk if that will cause anything? There is also a creaking noise when I turn the wheel, but I don't know how that would be related either.

#2 ·
someone said in here once it could be one of the sensors gone bad, thinking you're slipping or something and going crazy.

#3 ·
Welcome to the world of the intermittent glitch. Mine did this 1x for sure and 1x maybe. Others have had this too. Since you just did brakes I would look at the wheel speed sensors but I THINK it is one of the more expensive stability modules. Good luck but figuring out which one it is when it only does it once in a while is difficult.

#4 ·
Car's still at the dealer- I am assuming they are having a hard time finding the problem. This sucks- the car only has 35k miles on it! What if I were on the highway going 75-80mph??? :mad: sheesh... I am REALLY glad I bought the extended warranty.

#5 ·
My 2012 GT experienced a glitch like this when I was getting sideways. The Advance Trac light started going on and off and it felt like the right rear brake was engaged. The car would not go. I thought a broke the rear end. I stopped and turned the engine off. When I started it back up it was fine, and it has not done it again. That was about two years ago. Must have been a sensor glitch.

#7 ·
A few hundred less than 35k.

Just picked her up! Dealer basically reprogrammed the computer. Threw a code: C1B00:63-48. According to my paperwork they "re-initialized IVD and EPS relearn test" and found no more problems.

F***ing computerized cars! Hopefully no more problems in the future...? *fingerscrossed*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.