Very Strange Problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Unhappy Very Strange Problem

Good evening everyone, I hope this message finds you all good and well. Well 1st off, my tail lights are not working properly. The running lights will come on, however, the turn signals blink super fast and rear lights don't blink. Next, Sometimes the Brake lights don't work ( running lights still work). Now this is the strange part, depending on the temp of my car depends on what works and what doesnt. The hotter outside the more things work.... I'm confused, multi tool switch, ground wire, fuse, bad connection... i'm all out of ideas.... what could be causing all these confusing problems....

thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Replace the tail light bulbs and check for shorts in their wiring harness.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:23 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
idk if the bulbs are replaceable in this year? LED's often are built in. I would try cleaning connectors with contact cleaner first.
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2017, 02:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

strange mud what connectors are you referring to ? This year model the lights our in the housing soooo I'm not sure you can replace just the bulbs, besides the bulbs work perfectly fine..... when they work. Thanks for the help any way
Old 09-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Man View Post
strange mud what connectors are you referring to ? This year model the lights our in the housing soooo I'm not sure you can replace just the bulbs, besides the bulbs work perfectly fine..... when they work. Thanks for the help any way
Fast flashing often indicates you front parking/signal bulbs are burned out or not working. They are not LED's and their load is what controls the flash speed.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanaman3 View Post
Fast flashing often indicates you front parking/signal bulbs are burned out or not working. They are not LED's and their load is what controls the flash speed.
What he said
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanaman3 View Post
I like this answer better than mine......

sometimes we forget the simple solution.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to check all that out, does it have to be the front or can it be the back?.... The only other head scratcher is if the bulb wasn't working; wouldn't the problem be constant? The problem comes and goes depending on the temp.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to check all that out, does it have to be the front or can it be the back?.... The only other head scratcher is if the bulb wasn't working; wouldn't the problem be constant? The problem comes and goes depending on the temp.
Filaments can move around. That's still a bad bulb.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
The reason I think it is the front bulb is because it is a halogen and draws more power than the rear LEDs. I know because you need a load resistor to prevent fast flashing if you replace your front parking/turn signal bulb with an LED version.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:21 AM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Filaments can move around. That's still a bad bulb.
this, or the contacts can be loose
Old 10-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Depending on the year, the 10-12 tail lights had replaceable LED bulbs and LED can short out causing the rest to not work. We have pools and spa lights that are LED that work when it is 80 and below and not above that.
So if it is an earlier year it will be cheaper since the 13-14 light are not serviceable per say.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang