Mustang Evolution Forum banner

and now my decklid clearcoat is peeling like my faux gas cap...

11K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  jayochs 
#1 ·
you've got to be kidding me. ford used such **** paint on this decklid, it's ridiculous. they should've kept it like the 2010-2012 where it was body color and wasn't a separate black piece smacked on to the trunk! damnit this annoys me now because it's on BOTH sides seemingly out of nowhere!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Look it up......seems A LOT of people are having this issue. ford must have used crap clear on that decklid panel...there were no problems when there wasn't a panel and it was body color from 2010-2012! stupid ford.

#3 ·
#6 ·
Ford replaced mine while still under warranty. Worst part is, it's a $350 part if you want to stay oem.

#7 ·
ugh im not under 3 year warranty anymore.

#9 ·
exactly. I'm gonna get a quote at a local place as to what it would cost to paint.... then I'll prob buy that or the mmd one. I kinda like it being glossy though but who knows.

#10 ·
so i was quoted like 175 to repaint it, but that's with me taking the panel off and bringing it there... so i bought the 18 dollar matte black vinyl from American muscle and am gonna install it today. hopefully it'll look OK, I'll post some pics. I've gotten vinyl from them before, and they all fit fine. (rear taillights and when I blacked out my rear windows)

#11 ·
well came out pretty good. i mean, it hangs over the edges slightly and isn't 100% smooth, but that's prob bc of artifacts on the paint underneath. i did a claybar real quick beforehand, but who knows. either way, it's not bad. looks pretty cool....looks better than the gloss of the rest of the damn car with all its swirl marks...god i hate black :banghead:

this forum sucks with posting images lately. now it's only posting one of the 5 i posted. here's the link:
https://imgur.com/a/HnAhW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.