Mustang Evolution Forum banner

BAMA Tune trouble

8K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Voltwings 
#1 ·
Hey there people of Mustang Evolition I received my new tune from BAMA today so when I got home from work I started to return my Mustang to stock settings in preparation for the tune update but when the process had finished my all the lights came on in the cluster and I found I could no longer start my car. When I turn the key the red car icon with the lock through it flashes and then nothing happens the car just sits silent. I immediately realized there was a serious problem so after reading some post on here about similar problems I tried all the suggestions like pulling the battery for 30 minutes then trying again but nothing... Desperate I tried to re tune because the car worked perfectly before I tried returning to stock but i just got error code #11020 "Unable to read vehicle information" from the tuner. So now I'm at a loss I don't know what to do from here I'm going to call BAMA in the morning and try to fix this without my car I have no way to get to work. I just don't get it I have tuned and re tuned many times without an issue I always follow the directions in the emails to the punctuation because I have been terrified that something like this would happen and yet here I am...

#4 ·
Thank you for your suggestions guys! Just an update I gave SCT a call and thankfully they were able to get me back in with a bypass. I was told for reasons they were unsure about when the stock tune was placed back on the computer it triggered the engine immobilizer preventing me from re tuning or starting the car. I must say the team at SCT is great they were super helpful and very friendly through the entire process!

#7 ·
Glad to know that SCT helped you out of a tough situation. What exactly were SCT’s instructions? I would like to know for future reference if this ever happens to me. What was the “bypass” instructions?

#9 ·
Sorry for the late reply had a busy weekend running some errands. So after some basic trouble shooting the customer support rep at SCT told me that he needed to remote access my tuner so he could write a bypass to my stock tune. Using the program teamviewer he was able to take control of my home PC. From there I was asked to plug my tuner into the PC via USB the where he was able to pull a stock file from my device using SCT's device updater software. After a couple minutes on hold the rep returned and we used teamviewer once again where he uploaded the now modified stock tune to my device. Fingers crossed I was told to try to return my car to stock again, after about eight minutes of me holding my breath it worked and I was back to stock and able to start my car again! So naturally I asked why this happened in the first place I was told that they had never seen this happen before at least not when returning to the stock tune but he suspected the anti theft system was the culprit. He said he believes that for one reason or another the system was triggered during the tuning process possibly corrupting the file being flashed to the car causing the car to enter some kind of "lock down mode" to prevent theft from happening. All in all the entire process took thirty minutes which is super fast in my opinion, I wasn't even late to work that morning haha.

#12 ·
I'm likely going to order tunes from Steeda in the future and dump BAMA. I can't find a difference between any of the tunes. They all feel just like the factory tune.

I do get spark knock if I run anything less than 93 (and it has to be very good gas). The timing is apparently adjusted. Lol

#13 ·
You could always switch to an MPT tune and call it a day.... they hold the record for the fastest naturally aspirated cars. Tholland did do good on bama back in the day tho so did greg with their 12.6 and 12.7 runs, but i think greg(z28th1s) was on lund.

#14 ·
oh great here comes the MPT fan boys. There is so much hate for BAMA, people always saying that they blow up engines and are a crappy tune. I will sit here and wait for the proof that they cant come up with.................

#16 ·
I know what I am about to say may come off as harsh and or rude. Please do not take my comments in that manner. I do not have negative intentions at all.

I don't see a linear pull in HP or torque, but that could be a characteristic of the 3.7 engine.

I would like to see the full data log along side of the dyno pull.

As for BAMA; at the moment they do not appear to be addressing customers on a personal level as some of the other shops, tuners, and parts distributors do. That is a big reason I choose other vendors vs AM. I worked as a customer service and tech consultant for NOPI and for a competitor. It is easy to grow a mundane box store mindset. Right now, that is where I personally see AM. I see them as the NOPI of the Mustang market.

When it comes to tuning; dyno numbers do not impress me that much. Real world numbers make a difference, not a spreadsheet. I have not seen BAMA tunes cars winning races. I do see Steeda tuned cars on the podium though.

#17 ·
what times have all motor steeda cars ran ? Because I have yet to see one. Record all motor run is on an email MPT tune 12.1 @ 113mph

#22 ·
Believe me it's hard to swallow i can bet... I tried so hard just to get a 12.90, killing my car in the process, and never coming close. Never saw better than 1500 DA though, but still. Quickest manual I've seen besides him was Greg Holland (z28th1s) making a 12.60 @ 109

#21 ·
We just had another memeber on the FB groups hit 110 in an automatic on a stock converter, minimal suspension, and not even full exhaust. The guy Nick who set the record was completely dialed in full suspension, ran in 0 or better DA, and was cutting 1.5 60 fts. Had a few people verify car was clean of nitrous so we are told.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.