Mustang Evolution Forum banner

3.7 GT500 supercharger kit...

18K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Bastard6 
#1 ·
These people are working on a roots SC kit for the 3.7 using the GT500 blower.

Still got lot of work to do, especially the tuning part but I give kudos to the Morata Racing team for working on this long waited alternative to procharger/turbos.

What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/flXQXOcvTuQ

#3 ·
Looks cool for sure. Interested in torque numbers.

#4 ·
I'll be honest, it looked good at first. After talking to a few people and digging more into it, it doesn't sound promising. We'll have to wait and see.

#7 ·
Too much parasitic loss for a cyclone?
Has nothing to do with drag, it's the shape of the motor. For reasons i wont bother getting into, v8s are wider than v6s in the valley, which allows the super charger to sit down in the valley. If you look here, the super charger is almost sitting on top of the engine... it's the reason no PD blower has been made for the 3.7 yet, they simply dont fit.

Even if it can be made to fit, it wont clear the stock hood, and at the end of the day you're really not going to be putting up power numbers any better than a turbo which is 100x easier. Now, driveability and power band are another discussion altogether, but i dont know that the performance is there to be worth the effort.

#15 ·
While i am all for email street tunes, in 99.99% of the applications they've seen the setup before and have a decent base file to work from (call it a canned tune if you want). In this case it would be a 100% new file, and personally i would not want to tune something like that remotely.

#17 ·
I've read alot of your posts Voltwings, and you are accurate in every one of them. This one as well. No experience = not gonna be easy. I do have a few local performance shops that may be able to tackle this. We shall see. Not looking forward to making it fit though, i already went through putting a Cervini cowl on my last one, who knows how this one is going to clear or what I'll need to do to make it fit.

#19 ·
There is always the mod where the user sells the whole car and takes that money plus the money this kit would probably cost and upgrades by 2 cylinders...

#22 ·
You opened a can of worms but its true: its an option trading for a GT however I like my car, enjoy modding it and believe it or not I like how it sounds with my current setup.
Even if I traded it in I would still be thinking of the next mod and "wasting" more money so at the end getting a GT would make me spend even more money than SC my 3.7

#20 ·
exactly why i stayed off forums and will continue to do so.. retarded "your missing 2 cylinders" comments. What so great about a 5.0 ? I enjoyed mine but the 3.7 turns more heads and is more appreciated when it beats other cars. Nobody cares if you have a 5.0.

Reactions: BuzzHD
#24 ·
Lmao, if you think someone doesn't care that you have a 5.0 but DO have a modded 3.7...

What's so great about the 5.0? Low 11s all motor with exhaust and pretty basic suspension that you can comfortably daily drive.

You do you tho.

#27 ·
Im all about options but it will be interesting to see what clearance will be like, definitely will need a different hood. Will be interesting to see if you can get away with a 2" hood like the Cobra r or you'll need to go 4" cowl hood to clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.