Street Car Takeover in Phoenix. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Street Car Takeover in Phoenix.

Last weekend I attended Street Car Takeover here in Phoenix. I had a great time racing. I did lose in the 2nd round of my class (Daily Driver 11.0 to 12.0). The race I lost I did run my best time ever of an 11.5. Few cars that I beat were a CTS-V, Camaro and Corvette. I did lose to a CTS-V.

Here is a video the 3SevenStangVids put together of my night

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2017, 07:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I noticed on your first run your transmission shifted from 2nd gear to 3rd gear and then shifted back into 2nd gear. Mine does this ever once in a while, not every time. I wonder why? Your transmission didn't do this in any of the other runs on the video. Just wondering why mine and yours does this, sometimes?
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I noticed on your first run your transmission shifted from 2nd gear to 3rd gear and then shifted back into 2nd gear. Mine does this ever once in a while, not every time. I wonder why? Your transmission didn't do this in any of the other runs on the video. Just wondering why mine and yours does this, sometimes?
I has bouncing the rev limiter, I just got a new tune and my tuner is working on the issue. The other runs I let of slightly before the shift that way I would not bounce the rev limiter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2017, 02:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanchola2 View Post
I has bouncing the rev limiter, I just got a new tune and my tuner is working on the issue. The other runs I let of slightly before the shift that way I would not bounce the rev limiter.
OK. That makes sense.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That's pretty impressive!
I'd say that you are doing an excellent job of representing the Mustang community!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
That's pretty impressive!
I'd say that you are doing an excellent job of representing the Mustang community!
Thank you
Old 10-28-2017, 05:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I miss my 3.7 but the "Paddles" in my 16 GT make me smile and bark 2nd gear!
Old 10-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Nice! ??
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP Elbow, 82mm, JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs+Relos, Diff Bushing, Ford Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncro II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, High Flow GT Grill Insert, Steeda Spyder Wheels (20X9.5/11), 275 fronts, 315 rears, Lakewood drag shocks, Cervini Hood, big smile
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang