Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New Push Pins

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cheval 
#1 ·
Pulled too close to the parking spot ground barrier and popped some of the push pins loose under the front bumber. I tried pushing them back in but they don't stay and the shield is still loose. The pins don't look damaged - should I buy a new set? In other words, are the pins made to be used just once? Obviously something needs to be replaced somewhere, and I hope it's not the shield.

#4 ·
What year I know my car a 14 got bumped into by another car and it messed that shield underneath up it is foam so it will give. More than likely as was said the holes in the foam got expanded and that?s why it?s falling I used a washer to get it to hold but ended up taking it off.

#6 ·
UPDATE: Thanks to those of you who responded. I finally took my Mustang to the very reliable body shop I have used in the past. They did an immediate check, and found that one of the holes in the bumper that receives the pin was indeed torn, so it couldn't hold the pin. They put a special screw through the shield and bumper holes, securing the two pieces. Their charge for the service? A handshake and a "Merry Christmas!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.