Noise getting worse from read end - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Noise getting worse from read end

Over the past couple of months I have started noticing a creaking and popping noise coming from the rear end when I drive over speed bumps and other road imperfections and it seems to be getting worse. I have replaced the OEM sway bars with SR Performance Adjustable Front and Rear Sway over a year ago and did not notice such noise after the replacement. Not being that mechanically inclined I was wondering could such noises be coming from the sway bars or some other suspension parts. I know it is hard to give an answer without hearing and driving my ride but was looking for possible things to consider. Also, how often do OEM suspension parts need to be lubed/greased, or replaced - the vehicle is over 4 years old with just short of 22,000 miles. As always thanks for your time and feedback.
rgwest61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwest61 View Post
Over the past couple of months I have started noticing a creaking and popping noise coming from the rear end when I drive over speed bumps and other road imperfections and it seems to be getting worse. I have replaced the OEM sway bars with SR Performance Adjustable Front and Rear Sway over a year ago and did not notice such noise after the replacement. Not being that mechanically inclined I was wondering could such noises be coming from the sway bars or some other suspension parts. I know it is hard to give an answer without hearing and driving my ride but was looking for possible things to consider. Also, how often do OEM suspension parts need to be lubed/greased, or replaced - the vehicle is over 4 years old with just short of 22,000 miles. As always thanks for your time and feedback.
Hardly any suspension parts today are designed to be lubricated, or even should be, due to the fact that by design, the only movement relative to mating parts is absorbed by rubber, which is bonded to the two parts having motion relative to one another. The type of sounds you describe are often the result of loosened rubber-bushed parts, such as shock absorbers. Check wherever there are nuts holding bushed parts together, that they are tight. Also, look for rubber bushings which are deteriorated: torn or ragged-looking.
65 k car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
If you replaced your Panhard Bar with the sr Performance one, check it. I had the same problem on my lowered 14 v6 and it was the Panhard Bar. I put the stock one back on and all the creaking and popping went away.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2017, 05:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
my rear passengers side squeaks in cold weather when hitting bumps. figured it's something down in the suspension but never bothered to check.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Hit the bushings with a lithium spray and see if that helps... Silicon bushings are notorious for NVH.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang