Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Another tire tread

3K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  MustangDawg 
#1 ·
So I'm finally ditching my Perrelli p zero. And I'm looking at these tires and my size is a 235/50 18

BFg's G-force sport comp-2
BFg's G-force comp 2a/s
Continentals Extreme contact DWS06

What do you guys think? I'm looking for good tread wear and handling? I moved to the city so I'm not going through crazy turns and trying to play Forza in my mustang. You guys have any of these? Complaints, likes?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#3 ·
All the tires your looking at are good choices. I'm running the Cooper Zeon RS3-A's now, 255/45-18. They seen pretty good but my v6 doesn't hook as good as I had hope :(. Maybe I need to go with different wheels with 275 wide tires :). I must be hard on tires because my factory 235/50-18 Pirelli all season's were worn slick and replaced at 19,000 miles :(

#4 ·
Same I burned a set of Pirellis in about 20k, this set I have baby and they only got just over 25k and I'm at 3/32. Been reading reviews about the sport comps-2, and it's mixed some say they last a good while some don't on tire rack until I switched it to spirited and average driving, and I only saw 3 out of 13 reviews.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
I have the Continental DW's on mine, but I don't drive my car in the extreme cold anymore, they as a summer only tire are wearing quite well so I imagine the DWS06 would be even better.

#6 ·
I just put on Michelin tires and all I can say is """WOW""" What a difference.
No noise,
No hydroplaning,
A better ride
Perfect for my type of driving.
Expensive, Yes,
Worth the extra $$$$ = """YES"""
I'll do a report after I put about 20,000 miles on these tires.
Ronnie

#8 ·
You can look at Riken too, Riken is Michelin's "house brand". I just got a set of Riken summer tires and WOW they are nice. Had them on closeout on Tirerack.

#16 ·
Good comparison test of tires in the link below. It looks like the Dunlop Direzza is worth checking out, although the tire that finished in second place, a Kumho would be the one I’d likely get because road noise is primary to me and handling a close second:

https://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/dunlop-direzza-sport-z1-star-spec-page-11
lol they have evo v12's as a 2nd place tire? Those tires were garbage. I swapped them out for Firestone firehawk indy 500s and the car was better in everyway possible.

#11 ·
Made in Japan=even better

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#12 ·
I just love statements like this.

:popcorn:

#17 ·
Cooper has a new Zeon RS3 G1 all season tire out at a good price. I might try them in a few years :)

#18 ·
I'm thinking about giving them a spin when I get around to buying new tires in the spring.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Hurricane Harvey made me buy rears so in the emergency, nail in the sidewall, I had to choose Bridgestone S0-4 pole position in 255/45/18 and got Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's for the front in 255/40/18. Most tires you've reviewed are decent, Michelins are the best, for the most money too.

#24 ·
Or be the guy who buys NT05s and then *****es and leaves "a very detailed negative review" on Google when they wear out after 5k miles...

:)

#27 ·
When I put the winter tires on my wife's car last fall three of the sensors weren't working. Called my son to order up a set for me and by the time wife got the car to my son's shop three were working. He swapped out the one that still wasn't working. Last week one stopped working but started working again the next day.

I think I will just wait until it is time to swap the summer tires on and have my son replace all of them.

Dave

#31 ·
My last set of tires were Continentals. I beat the piss out of them and when I changed them they were just as quiet and comfortable as the day I bought them.

I went with Sumitomos this time around because the Continentals were crazy expensive in the size I was looking at. I’m liking the Sumitomos so far, but not as much as the Continentals.

#35 ·
Actually that was more a reply to the post above me, I paid 254 per so they are actually on the lower end of brand name tires.
Been through many heat cycles and still corner with the best of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#36 ·
I don't believe "Made in Japan=even better" as a blanket statement though.

It pisses me off that outfits like JD Powers and Consumers take data that has insignificant differences and present it in away that leads you to believe there are large differences just so they can sell their services.

Dave

#37 ·
Take it easy, Dave, just having a little fun. No harm meant, have a better Saturday :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.