Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Besides American Muscle- vendor suggestions?

3K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  StangLife 
#1 ·
Hey guys-
Where do you guys buy your mustang accessories/parts? I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I feel like I'd like to have more options than just American Muscle to compare pricing and whatnot.

#3 ·
LMR (Late model restoration) is another one to at least compare prices. They seem high on some things, but someone else to compare prices with and go with the cheapest one :)

#6 ·
VMP Performance, Beefcake Racing, Brenspeed, Tasca. Sometimes you can find deals at rock auto, autoanything or other auto supply sites but the mustang only sites dedicate time etc into only mustang supplies (ok, f150, Focus...) that I don?t worry about small differences. Support the ones that support the hobby.

#8 ·
AM sucks. They had everything going for them and then tried to cut costs and I'd rank them dead last to get parts from now.

Mustang specific sellers:

-Latemodel Restoration
-CJ Pony Parts
-Steeda
-UPR
-American Muscle
-Tasca (for OEM)

The Big Boys (huge multi platform distributors):
-Jegs
-Summit

For basic repairs/replacement parts:

-Rockauto
-Amazon

#11 ·
Forgot about MMR and MHS... duh... Also Cushman Motorsports. These guys are usually for more serious builders tho.

#13 ·
I was going to when I was considering staying 2V. The owner does seem to know what he is talking about and everyone who uses his cams has good things to say as far as I've heard. Can't go wrong just buying direct from MHS tho.

#18 ·
Yep, this is why these days you always hear "just order from Tasca" wheras like 10-15 years ago it was always Tousley.

Gefracing also used to be legit AF. I'm still mad I didn't order some OEM stuff from them when I had the chance back in the day...

#20 ·
Maybe I?ve missed you TJ but you just come to Mevo? Either way, it?s nice to see you on.
Bill

#21 ·
TJ's been here forever.

#22 ·
I remember TJ's first tooth, his first step, packing his lunch for his first day of school. He has been here for a while :)

#24 ·
Well then it?s on me for missing you. Don?t remember if it was allfords, stangnet or whatever other forums I was/am on too that you seemed to frequent often. Doesn?t matter anyway and you?re right, this internet thing is pretty big.

#25 ·
American Muscl great customer service but over priced. I usually find the part I want there read all the reviews then just put the part name and number in the address bar and use that to find the cheapest vendor, I also put that info in ebay. When I find the cheapest then I research that vendor.

#26 ·
Their customer service is not great and if you are going to base your purchases off of AM reviews I suggest you sell your car and buy a Honda.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#28 ·
Everyone has different experiences. Their CS has gone to hell from what it was 2 years ago and multiple ppl will attest to that.

#30 ·
Low tide 150 meters from my front door. Kid is way out in the tidal pools looking for critters. ?

Attachments

#33 ·
Make a wish is one of the better charities where a majority of the money goes toward actually what they say it goes to. Unlike way too many other charities sadly. As far as the AM show... I hate crowds so that never had any appeal to me. But that's just me. Even if I did love it its still not enough to look past how bad they've gotten as you said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.