Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2018, 08:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Exhaust

Having a change of heart and going to get my stock midpipe modified to an h pipe. My current setup is shorties, offroad h pipe, 18 in resonators and roush ab. Im going to keep my stock cats and delete the stock resonators. My question is if its better to keep my stock resonators or keep my aftermarket resonators when i modify it since i already have some welded on my overaxle pipes. Does placement of the resonators affect the sound in anyway? Wanting to get rid of the 3k rasp the car has and just going to keep it like that. If it stays good then its my last mod for good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Javiertala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2018, 05:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think your on a 'quest' to find something you won't find with your Roush axle backs
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
What kind of sound are you wanting overall? Loud and Raspy? Low with some rumble?

When it comes to mufflers (or anything really), you get what you pay for. You pay 400-500 for New mufflers then they typically won't be perfect all around. I always stuck with Borla S Types myself. I had them on my 2011 v6, 2014 v6, and now my 2016 GT.

I have tried many different setups. Trident ABs, Flowmaster ABs, Magnaflow ABs, etc. If you want no rasp then I personally would say just drop the current exhaust setup and get some S Types. If you want a really low but nice tone, get some shorty headers to go with the S Types. Stock mid pipe though.
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2018, 06:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Check out a set of Bassani AB

Sent from my SM-N950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:38 PM   #5

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
What kind of sound are you wanting overall? Loud and Raspy? Low with some rumble?

When it comes to mufflers (or anything really), you get what you pay for. You pay 400-500 for New mufflers then they typically won't be perfect all around. I always stuck with Borla S Types myself. I had them on my 2011 v6, 2014 v6, and now my 2016 GT.

I have tried many different setups. Trident ABs, Flowmaster ABs, Magnaflow ABs, etc. If you want no rasp then I personally would say just drop the current exhaust setup and get some S Types. If you want a really low but nice tone, get some shorty headers to go with the S Types. Stock mid pipe though.
We will be working on buddy's '14 V6 right after we finished installing the new bumper and bushwacker fender flares on his current truck project. He's looking between Flowmaster and Borla S type. Been checking some comparison vids, I prefer Borla.
revolver92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:53 AM   #6

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
Exhaust systems are definitely something that you DO NOT get what you pay for.

Take a Magnaflow axle back for example. The going rate for a Mustang axle back is $600 - $650. You can buy the same Magnaflow mufflers for $70 each and a set of tips for $50. If you can't weld it will be around $100 to have a muffler shop do it. That is less than $300 for the same thing. You can get down close to $200 if you buy Jones Exhaust mufflers which are a Magnaflow knock off.

Dave
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:27 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgc333 View Post

Take a Magnaflow axle back for example. The going rate for a Mustang axle back is $600 - $650. You can buy the same Magnaflow mufflers for $70 each and a set of tips for $50. If you can't weld it will be around $100 to have a muffler shop do it. That is less than $300 for the same thing. You can get down close to $200 if you buy Jones Exhaust mufflers which are a Magnaflow knock off.

Dave
Works the same way with the x-pipe and exhaust pipe. exhaust shop can make it way cheaper then what you can get it from online like cj pony parts or AM. You get stuck with buying the headers though. At least what the one shop in Florida told me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:40 PM   #8

Region: Massachusetts
There is a shop near me called Tubular Automotive that makes headers too. Their header business is mostly custom work for hot rods and engine swaps.

Dave
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgc333 View Post

Dave
^^This^^
Borla for example,is WAY and I mean WAY overpriced.
People don't realized that your looking at like 30-50$ worth of SS, and once the jigs are made for mass production they just spit them out.
The mark up is absolutely insane, and when combined with good marketing to feed people what they want to here customers can then feel good about themselves and try to justify paying nearly 1k for a set of mufflers that are worth less then a tenth of that to produce.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust